Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

I’ve only made it halfway through (it’s very long and I need to get back to work), but so far this is absolutely fascinating. Apparently an Official Report™ is about to drop in June and I guess that’s why low level buzz from the past couple years is now becoming higher level buzz.

And heck, why not? Trump. Plague. UFO’s? Yeah, sure. I’m up for anything at this point.

3 Likes

It’s been about 4-5 months since I’ve paid any attention at all to news or politics. Then this motherfucker shows up in the middle of my Forensic Files marathon to remind me he exists.

1 Like

Who dat?

Looks like Troy Gowdy

1 Like

Does the discovery of hundreds of credible ufo sightings of different stripes increase or decrease the chances that one of them was other worldy compared to the probability estimates when credible reports were merely in the dozens? The answer is not clear. Do you see why?

Do UFO?

8 Likes

Yeah, I’ll definitely finish three-body and will likely continue the series. There’s a lot I find interesting in three-body but I’m not super stoked on it. Post-contact stuff could be interesting.

pour one out for teh philadelphia flyers

I think as long as we kill one cat per bird it all balances out.

What a weird week. Was just driving down the highway to donate some of my moms stuff and my drivers side window exploded. No idea why. Didn’t know that was a thing!

Almost had a heart attack.

Luckily glass place nearby had part.

2 Likes

Yeah it can happen, it’s been a loose stone that’s hit it just in the right place, 1 in a million shot.

Hope your OK :+1:

Yep freaked me the heck out. Thought I was shot lol.

1 Like

Your probably driving on some ruff roads and it has caused the windows to get a small hair fracture or crack, then pop it goes, ask for toughened glass for the sides if you’re continuing to drive on those roads more often.

Edit: It’s not much more expensive tbh.

I’m sorry to hear that the aliens did this to you.

13 Likes

They’re not sending their best. They’re sending aliens that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing window breaking technology. They’re bringing anal probes. They’re cow mutilators. And some, I assume, are good aliens.

11 Likes

I’ve had exactly this happen too. I’ve also had a sliding glass door shatter while carrying it. Can confirm that tempered glass exploding in your face is a jarring experience under any conditions.

1 Like

Definitely. Had a pyrex measuring cup I was holding shatter due to thermal shock once. But that was operator error.

It would be pretty hilarious and not at all surprising if we find out that aliens have been using Earth as a remote dumping ground criminals or whatever, like a remote penal colony. A cosmic Australia, if you will,

3 Likes

Had this happen a week ago. TBF, I wasn’t so much “holding” it as forcefully dropping it on a hard floor.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeeeverz/status/1394873128430358530

9 Likes