Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

Yea if it goes through insurance they’ll just handle everything, but then they’ll generally start jacking your premiums. Mine doesn’t have a deductible for me doing damage to other cars, but a small one (a few hundred dollars) if something happens to mine.

Mine has a $1000 deductible for any claims. But I assume that gives me a discount on the rate.

dumb q, but how does it go when i switch insurance companies?

The insurance companies have a shared database of claims.

can i plead not guilty because he was parked in a handicap spot?

Your insurance company’s lawyers could possibly try that tactic on your behalf, but something tells me that’s not gonna work.

So the only accident I’ve had with another car it was at night and rainy as fuck. There was another accident on the freeway and this idiot stopped in the middle of the freeway. Like complete stop. Wasn’t involved in the accident at all, I think she just saw an accident and came to a complete stop in a different lane in a super dark area and with the rain thundering. Visibility was pretty bad.

Anyways I tried to stop but completely hydroplaned and had zero control of the vehicle. I ran into the back of her. Wasn’t too bad for her, she had a pretty big SUV. Pretty much totaled my car because she had the toe hitch on and it went through all my shit and car was only worth like 2k at the time so just did the CA retirement thing for 1k

I reported it to my insurance and gave them her info and told them what happened. They told me she called and reported it too. Never heard back from them.

Don’t you always have a deductible to pay? I had a shitty 2001 Mitsubishi so I only had basic coverage. Surprised I never had to pay anything. Wonder if I just slipped through the cracks?

In my experience (in IL) the deductible is to fix your car. You don’t pay anything if you do damage to the other car/person. And if your car is totaled then of course you don’t have to pay anything either.

1 Like

i don’t have any deductibles on “Property Damage Liability” which i think is the case here?

yea, sounds like you should be good

1 Like

Did he actually have a handicap parking slip?

You hit his car. It doesn’t matter where he was parked or that he didn’t have his lights on.

It’s up to you to not to hit stationary objects with your car.

1 Like

Happy New Year Unstuck. It’s 12:48 am, Jan 1st. Headed to bed.

17 Likes

You could throw a briefcase in court to get him to turn his head like Mr. Brady did, exposing the whiplash fraud.

2 Likes

No luck, not even to the second round of the astronaut selection. It’s been pretty crazy seeing some of the rejected profiles, including a friend of mine who basically dedicated his past 10 years for this opportunity (learning Russian, selected for an analog astronaut mission in a desert dome etc.) I may even feel worse that he didn’t even make the second (of 6) rounds, than myself missing out.

8 Likes

i was joking about that

7 Likes

Eligible for parole in five.

7 Likes

This DA?

https://twitter.com/Alexis4DA/status/1315722794357858305