Winter 2021 LC Thread—I Want Sous Vide

I really love that three of the recently arrived or emerging women’s players are Osaka plus these two.

Not just the ethnicities but also the mix of cultures of their parents plus where they were raised. Kind of strength through diverse inputs.

It’s given extra resonance to the anti-racist movement in sport here, following racial abuse of black footballers. The regressive meatheads will be stuck between acknowledging that many of their sporting heroes are non-white and of a diverse background, even in traditionally white-dominated sports like tennis, and looking increasingly more ridiculous and isolated.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1437101815082979328

For the fallen heros

2 Likes

Hamburgler’s been in solitary for 18 years awaiting trial.

8 Likes

Stupid question: is arch support in shoes supposed to be for people with high arches or with flat feet? I’ve got pretty flat feet and always assumed arch support was for people like me to compensate for our lack of arches. I just bought a pair of flip flops known for very strong arch support, but my first couple wears it actually seems like it’s too much arch support and is making my arches a little sore.

Apparently, we still haven’t actually charged KSM with anything, what an amazing country this is.

Arches are for people with arched feet. Makes it a lot harder to find the right fit, but if I do anything of significance in shoes with that support then my feet ache with what must be the start of plantar fasciitis.

Once I find shoes that fit well I will stay with the same style for as long as they make them. I work the same style Reebok Outtera shoes for walking for almost 15 years. When they stopped making them I bought several pairs ahead (my outlet store could order them for other stores). I am on my last pair and wear them sparingly for when I want a brown walking shoe.

It’s really just football that has the regressive meatheads isn’t it? - I can’t think of another sport where racism is as bad. Any abuse thrown at a tennis player, for example, is not from tennis “fans” but your standard social media sad-sacks.

The regressiveness is also glaringly obvious when we consider LGBT - still no opening gay male footballers says everything about the atmosphere surrounding the sport.

Some argue that these people aren’t real football fans either but I need some convincing on that.

leeds

Football fans, Leeds in this case, reacting to Salahs goal yesterday - where else do we get fans giving 1 or 2 finger salutes like this. (This is just illustrating the general meatheadedness of some football fans - not necessarily racist as they’d do this to anyone)

Cantana should have been given a medal not a ban.

There are openly gay footballers, just not in the PL.

There’s huge racism in tennis, basketball, American football and every other sport.

6 Likes

Hmmm, lets see. Date of book, Dave Barry, solid gold.

Mosdef is exactly… 87 years old

That’s just how old I feel.

1 Like

Get back to us when you’re actually 87.

Well I’m currently aging at a rate of 5 years per year, so that won’t take long.

1 Like

:flushed:

“The Defense Department has suspended military assistance to the African country of Guinea after Guinean special operations forces used their day off from being trained by American Green Berets to overthrow their government.”

https://twitter.com/jimmykimmel/status/1437779874001866758

This is hilarious.

1 Like

RIP Norm MacDonald :(

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1437843997985177600

9 Likes

I think he was the last comic I ever saw live and that was over 20 years ago. I mostly remember his routine involving his strong interest in the game show Debt.

Wow. That came out of nowhere.

He was one of my favorite comedians.

Best Weekend Update anchor.

And this appearance on Conan was great.

2 Likes