Why do you post here?

I basically come here for news.

3 Likes

I got banned from the Daily Mail comments section and this is the last place I still have access.

17 Likes

Mostly this, it’s a generally pleasant collection of individuals who care about stuff I care about and like stuff I like.

4 Likes

Who else is going to let me test fire my arguments at them?

4 Likes

Politics on 2p2 gave an interesting view on US politics especially around elections with some great posters. So when the forum moved I went with it but I really miss DVaut1. It is still a good place to get info on US politics and some other topics are fun/good as well.

6 Likes

There’s some sharp dudes around here. I lurk here way more than I post but it keeps me ahead of the curve on worldly goings on. See: Coronavirus. I was a month ahead of the general population in prepping thanks to this forum.

Politics-wise it’s a bit of an echo chamber, but I’m ok with that. I don’t have the same tolerance for listening to mindless conservative views anymore. Even the more reasonable right-wing takes piss me off.

6 Likes

We all miss dvaut1

6 Likes

To get the most likes or the highest like:post ratio

Post nsfw avatars

Type out thoughts that I would otherwise only tell my cat because ranting to people about politics all day every day is viewed as an annoying trait to most people

Catching up with my friends around the world

10 Likes

The posters here - in comparison to most online communities - are unusually intelligent, empathic, and well-informed.

4 Likes

Community.

6 Likes

Just somewhere to read and talk about US events, which you kind of can’t help hearing and thinking about anyway, may as well have a place to bang on about them, too.

1 Like

ILU Marty

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a shame that fly’s raison d’ĂȘtre is dunking on right wingers and not getting involved in other conversations, he was instrumental in getting me to see how deeply affected all aspects of society were by race and race relations. I definitely accepted some BS right wing arguments before getting more involved with the politics community, shows you how hard it can be to see through things.

5 Likes

Same. I basically get all the news I would normally see on my own curated by this forum.

The discussion here is also pretty high level. Most online political discussion outside of UP is akin to monkeys throwing feces at each other.

1 Like