Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Madison and cities are. Not so much elsewhere. Alpine Valley is a straight up cop trap during concerts.

https://twitter.com/piagnone/status/1345358492559929346?s=21

Great quote here showing why the World Bank and the NYT (it’s essentially the framing of the article in miniature) can fuck off. “Sure, they lifted 50 million out of poverty, but maybe it’d have been better if they funneled it into STONKS?!”

“We’re pretty sure China’s eradication of absolute poverty in rural areas has been successful — given the resources mobilized, we are less sure it is sustainable or cost effective,” said Martin Raiser, the World Bank country director for China.

PS There’s a non-ironic section near the end where they say that a problem with China’s messing about with poverty relief is that it ignores healthcare costs, and that people there still run the risk of bankruptcy from medical bills. Those foreign morons!

4 Likes

Even Preet knows they suck

https://twitter.com/preetbharara/status/1345597865477988352?s=21

Chuckie was more confrontational with Sen. Ron Johnson today. But Johnson essentially said this challenge to the election results was motivated by political revenge and Chuck didn’t force him to say it in those words. I empathize a bit with Chuck though because rational conversations with these morons are really quite impossible.

chuck wasn’t forced to book this dipshit, don’t feel sorry for him.

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s another conversation I suppose. If you don’t interview these folks who are in the thick of these things, then where is the pushback coming from? They’ll just spew their bullshit on their own media outlets unimpeded.

https://twitter.com/mattnegrin/status/1345760835910705161?s=21

if you DO interview them and just let them spew their derranged bullsit, where is the pushback coming from?

what I mean is that your question only makes sense in a world where chuck todd is actually providing meaningful pushback, which he has shown over and over and over and over again that he is incapable of providing. Maybe today he was “slightly” more confrontational, but his baseline is being a total doormat for these choads.

1 Like

The stupid concerned face and respectful tone make the appearance a disaster for the reality based community.

Tons of research shows that people respond to confidence and authoritative tone over facts or reasoning. Chuck Todd’s “I’m taking a slow to develop shit” face as Ron Johnson tells the audience ANTIFA thugs stole a million Trump votes in Wisconsin is Mission Accomplished for the fascists.

If you’re going to have him on you have to just relentlessly dunk on him, including and especially cutting his mike when necessary, and the host has to maintain a condescending, dismissive tone.

I dunno. I agree Chuck Todd is pretty awful. He was better today than usual. Ron Johnson can literally spit out a half dozen lies in 15 seconds. To debunk them all takes up the rest of the interview and vanquishes all the time you wanted to ask the questions that you wanted to ask.

He was exactly as bad as usual just by having him on in the first place. There is no excuse to have Ron Johnson on any show if your intent is to have a good faith discussion.

1 Like

Does Chuck Todd have on a Senate Democrat to support the opposing view?

The rule for inviting Ron Johnson types is if you can’t dunk on them Pete-style, then you don’t invite them.

Push back isn’t enough. You need to make completely expose them as being pieces of shit. If you don’t do that you have failed. There is no try.

2 Likes

Someone needs to compile a talking points dossier on every Republican, an organized list of things you can use to dunk on them.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1346066686831714305?s=21

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL CNN. Maybe you want to mention who ended the deal somewhere in there. I mean, you are at least trying to give the impression of being serious journalists, aren’t you?

2 Likes