Walrus V - The Reveal

The Good, The Bad, and The ugly & Escape from Alcatraz both goat, no argument here.

Yeah, I’m a lone crazy person with my Mystic River take but I knew it was a mortal lock that the mute kid did it, and I felt Sean Penn was overacting; didn’t get Kevin Bacon being on the phone with his with wife/e-wife and they only show her lips, just kinda dumb. If I ever rewatch it maybe I will soften my take.

is that ffs as in she looked amazing at 39 and woah how time flies, or is this like a clovis-esque ffs as in what a 63 year old does with a 39 year old is totally not weird

I think Sean Penn was really excellent and it makes the movie.

What the hell? It’s hardly a Clovis-esque kinkscapade to suggest that a 39 year old woman (or man) with a 63 year old man (or woman) is not a big problem. And it’s not really about the age gap. It’s about her absolute age. It’s absurd to imply that a 39 yo is an exploited victim because of their age.

It’s not a big problem but I wouldn’t do it as the older person, that seems borderline gross, like you’ve had your chances by that point, but more power to cougars

If you’re 39 years old do you really want to be dating a dude 2 years from social security instead of looking for someone you can share a life with for ~40 years?

No idea. It’s not that out of line with reality though. My M-in-law married a guy almost that much older than her in her 3rd marriage (after a divorce a long time ago and being widowed) and no one thinks anything of it. He’s a nice guy, she was very very well old enough to make her own decisions. Sure, he’s 96 now and she’ll probably outlive him by quite a while, but I can’t imagine thinking it’s borderline gross.

Now my 20 year old daughter having a 25 year old boyfriend? That’s borderline…but it’s based on her absolute age more than anything else.

Anyway, this derail may mess up my reveal, but it was worth it to say “Clovis-esque kinkscapade”.

2 Likes

I feel better about my sexy scene submission as a result, so we can both have a smoke

the problem with a movie scene walrus, for me, is that when i read the categories a week later i come up with a completely different set of answers. like i should have put glengarry glenross in there

1 Like

I was thinking about this walrus last night and a Kill Bill scene came to mind so glad I didn’t bother submitting just to get last place. I also just don’t know movies well enough at all, let alone being able to identify good scenes from them. Still interested in how this goes.

1 Like

:frowning_face:

I was traveling then sick the entire time the entries were being submitted…sorry I missed this walrus.

Here’s what I would have submitted, though I can’t really decide which of them is the bigger badass in this scene.

I watched it and liked it. I’m pretty tight with the likes.

4 Likes

I’ll watch these tonight. I can listen to musical walri at work but watching movies clips might be a bit much.

There Will Be Blood is so good.

Some bad-ass scenes in that movie, no doubt.

Michelle Yeoh is a legit badass. Hong Kong, 1992 - no stunt doubles. She really made this jump, after missing at least twice and falling off a god damn moving train while riding a motorcycle.

3 Likes

Jackie Chan is a legit badass too and became that way because he was sold to be an acrobat when he was like 7 years old and beaten when he made mistakes.

I’ve landed a motorcycle on a train in GTA. It’s pretty difficult. It’s easy to land a helicopter on a train though.

Yeah, I know. I was thinking about that when the video of the kid with the bowls got posted a couple days ago in the LC thread. I’m guessing he didn’t have a lot of fun learning that trick.