Walrus Grab Bag 6 - Sign Up and Categories

I got 4 submissions and 3 songs from the same band in mine. They were a miss, but so was almost every submission in mine. I want to put everyone on the nodium.

I either failed in accurately describing what I wanted or you all had a failure of imagination. Either way, the winner will just be whoever was least bad!

Probably you bro.

1 Like

I lao got multiple sibmissions of the same band and 0 submissions of the band I thoughtbwould show up most

Soyouresayingtheresachance.gif

2 Likes

We all probably figured that Rush would be a bit too well-known and Nickelback a bit too shitty to podium

That all said, I can probably go first since I already have mine basically done.

I’m eagerly awaiting your reveal as I think it’s one of the categories I crushed it in, but we’ll see.

I gave the example of Call Me Maybe would crush this category, but not to submit that. I feel like I should have provided more examples of what I was looking for.

So wait, you provided a song that would crush the category then got annoyed at us for attempting to crush the category by providing similar music?

I mean it’s bubblegum pop. It’s manufactured bullshit that all sounds the same by design. I put almost no thought into my selection for that reason.

Honestly you might be the winner if you actually did that, because a lot of the submissions were not that.

I mean the whole point was to find a less popular bubblegum pop song than “Call Me Maybe” that was released after 2000, right?

1 Like

@seities if you want to start the reveal thread, I’ll go today!

1 Like

Two misses. Think more 90s

It’d be nuts to finish first here because I put almost no thought into this category.

Meanwhile, I was definitely grinding out movie OSTs trying to determine if I should go with a conventional song with lyrics that was part of a soundtrack or actual “soundtrack music”.

1 Like

Festivus reveal! Perfect for what sounds like your airing of grievances. Lets do this!

1 Like

Oh yeah, I felt the same about Sum 41 being a bit too popular too for this category

1 Like

Im not Seites, but my body is ready

3 Likes

If mine isn’t bubble gum pop I don’t know what it is.

1 Like

I found multiple articles where music critics and producers literally called my submission a bubblegum pop song

1 Like

Not enough like Call Me Maybe. Or maybe too much like Call Me Maybe. You need to be in the Goldilocks zone.

1 Like