Walrus 12: The Reveal!

Disgusting!

(Software made me add the ‘!’)

Very folky entry there. Reminds me a bit of Steeleye Span.

1 Like

I don’t think I ever would’ve heard of Steeleye Span if not for Alan Partridge.

In after my first visit to a shop for four and a half months. Cant believe you started without me.

Good to see you healthy

2 Likes

In 9th place with 3 points . . . Cocteau Twins - Ivo

The fans in the comments are rabid, so this does it for someone. The airy over-the-top reverb plus nonsense lyrics definitely sets a particular mood. Not terrible. I feel like I’m missing something. Dear submitter, did you like this on the first listen, or did it grow on you? Maybe it needs another half dozen listens.

3 Likes

The curse is broken!

3 Likes

I mean, either you like Elizabeth Fraser’s voice, or you don’t, I guess.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!

If he’s also dissing the Cocteau Twins he’s a lost cause!

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

what is wrong with you people

2 Likes

So far you have it in about the same order I would have with those submissions

In 8th place and 4 points . . . Hootie & the Blowfish - Running from an Angel

Yeah, ok. Gives me some Counting Crows adjacent nostalgia. I’m vaguely aware of this band, but never listened to much of them. Not bad. I like his voice and I think he could be great on a stronger track. The doubled-up strings and guitar aren’t doing it for me.

1 Like

Well that’s good. It’s just science, afterall.

Rucker’s best vocal work actually comes on his country music.

2 Likes

I’ve just realised if I win this round I will have got a higher placing in each round, which I would find very satisfying. However having bagged a last, second last and fourth last I’m guessing cassettes taste and mine make this unlikely

And aside from the god awful Duck Dynasty cameos, I actually really like his version of Wagon Wheel

1 Like

In 7th place with 5 points . . . Marlon Williams - Nobody Gets What They Want Anymore (w Aldous Harding)

Hmm, I feel like this is a bit unlucky given that I’m usually into whiny moaning about sad stuff, but this one just isn’t doing it for me. I don’t hear a standout element. Marlon is talented, it just all feels rather one-note, and the note is a bit bland. Unlucky.

1 Like

Didn’t want to heart the song, but liked that comment

Walrus is confirmed rigged!!!