VEGAS BABY

This game is amazing. But can also confirm the Golden Knights ushers are as joyless as the Seattle Mariners ushers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We have nothing cooked on Vegas trips

Chaos

I, for one, love how I never know the orientation of the pic I might get

8 Likes

Truth. Part of being an old with grace is you just accept things like pictures will appear in random orientations.

2 Likes

I have a very odd feeling like we have met before, you look so familiar for some reason! enjoyed the pics, I wanna get back out there soon

I think I brought this stool from a different hotel to my hotel?

1 Like

It’s possible! I lived here for 3 years from 05-07

that’s because he’s the guy who walks on the ceiling all the time

2 Likes

This I don’t get at all. I ushered in San Jose when I was growing up, and I fucking loved that job. I got to see the majority of the Elton John/Billy Joel and U2 concerts from areas where people payed multiple thousands of dollars a ticket - for free.

I got to see the loudest crowd I’ve ever been a part of when they went up 3-1 over the Blues in 2000. Its the simplest fucking job and you get so many perks, I have no idea who would hate that job.

How was the arena?

1 Like

I think joyless=enforced the rules strictly.

So you can only hold it together in Vegas for so long. First night I was low key. Trying to wait for my buddy.

But it’s 1040 am and I might still be a little drunk.

-Knights game.
-Steak tartare at some Turkish place by the arena.
-Got a glass of rose at Eataly and carried it down the strip (including into Walgreens)
-Played like a fucking god at 2040 at the Bellagio and ran so bad. Eg flop top two with KJ raise/call the flop, raise 4bet the turn, river A I check behind and lose to AA.
-played several hours of ultimate Texas holdem which is an awesome game with some couple that’s here for a festival. They were legit worried it was going to turn into fire fest 2.0

• brought that stool back from somewhere AND SAT ON IT while having a 5am convo w the check in girl about getting my resort fees waived and my friends room charge for last night dropped. This ended with her doing both of those things AND giving me a $100 resort credit for reasons that still aren’t clear to me.
3 Likes

I assume this is the new restaurant Nusr-et, a crazily-priced offering from celebrity chef Nusret Gökçe aka Salt Bae in that district between NYNY and Park MGM.

Yes this is right. The steak tartare was $25 or $30 I think and not the best I’ve had in Vegas (mom ami gabi and Bardot both better)

Oh on the good vibes train I have $20 to a random couple on the strip from Manitoba Canada and bought some guy a slice of pizza. And I think I gave $20 to the hot dog girl at nyny because she looked over it.

5 Likes

Random acts of Vegas kindness farther than anywhere else

1 Like

Looks like a good time. I will be there Nov 1st and ready to fuck shit up.

edit: Also going solo (work trip) no wife no kids. So I have work during the day but from about 6pm on I can do whatever the fuck I want and am not sure my plan yet.

2 Likes

Model output, sweats tomorrow - all money line bets.

Bet them all except Penn State because joe knew.

Then added in Kansas ML and UCLA ML for fun.

1 Like

3 Likes

Betting on Stanford? What year is it?

1 Like