Ukraine, Russia, and the West

THose events could easily lead to WW3 whether anyone on the levers intends for it to or not.

The parallels to WW1 are many.

Can you expand on that because I don’t see it

This is good for bitcoin.

Our intelligence in this region seems much better than it has been in places like Iraq or Afghanistan.

Specifically to his original comment, the idea that any invasion will work out just as planned.

Germany/Austria-Hungary thought they would drop some artillery on Servia for a couple of weeks, call it a day and head home.

If we don’t speak about it until it happens, will it be less likely to happen? If a hurricane is bearing down on the coast, should people decide not to talk about it because it’s going to be bad?

That’s historically inaccurate. Germany entered the war with a plan to invade the west because they thought they couldn’t win a two front war.

It’s fair to say that you never really know how a war will work out, but that’s true of lots of things. What makes WW1 different is the secret interlocking alliances that caused spreading of the conflict.

https://twitter.com/adanthar/status/1495884704855298049?t=elOxSitIXIvuJ9tv-IBI9Q&s=19

What are you saying is inaccurate? My statement is not inaccurate.

Germany did not see the conflict as a few quick bombs in the balkans. The planned for and specifically widened the conflict in an attempt to not be in a two front war. It didn’t work out.

They declared war against Russia and then invaded France in a plan designed long before the conflict came to be.

I realize that you know everything.

However, on this one I’m going to trust the sources for WW1:Apocalypse.

1 Like

Carlin didn’t make WW1:Apocalypse. Nice edit tho.

I briefly misremembered the name of the Carlin series on WW1 is blueprint for Armageddon.

Germanys schlieffen plan wouldn’t have been possible if they thought it would be a local conflict. It’s a derail at this point, but if Germany thought it was going to be local they wouldn’t have prepped an invasion of France. Some hoped that it would be local, but their actions made it clear it was going to be far more generalized

What are we supposed to call it when a country sends its military into another country against their will, presumably to wrest territory from their control? Because that sounds like a war to me, and it’s already happening.

1 Like

A war usually involves shooting, which Russian regulars have yet to do. It’s also debatable whether they are wresting anything from Ukrainian control, since Ukraine don’t control Donetsk and Luhansk.

1 Like

People seem surprised that a psychopath who ordered FSB apartment bombings went off the rails with Moscow Mitch logic to determine which countries are legitimate and didn’t, in fact, have some nuanced and semi-legitimate bone to pick

There’s already been plenty of shooting

1 Like

Hey if you sound like this maybe think about it?

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1495932356632494096?s=21

1 Like

Ermegawd quick nuke moscow

In all seriousness, have people ITT been saying anything close to this? Also is it even really relevant (the argument)?

Damn!