TWIN PEAKS!

1 Like

I wonder how Lucy/Andy’s kid will turn out.

1 Like

Man ending the season like that. Along with see you in 25 years. Then having season 3 being actually being 25 years later. Bravo sir.

3 Likes

That has to enter in with some of the longest planned out projects I’ve seen along with the 7 Up documentary series and Boyhood.

1 Like

Seeing all these S3 pictures itt and remembering that it was defintely not my jam. It didn’t capture anything I loved about the original run, was too abstract and didn’t have the same great characters. I doubt I’ll ever watch it again while the original has great rewatchability.

Man people must have rioted after the end of S2. Almost like the end of The Prisoner.

the people demanded a feature film to satisfy their desire for a resolution to the story, or “Judy”. lynch said, “oh yeah? that’s what you want? ok sure, here’s a PREQUEL”

and people were like, “fuck man, no, i’m talkin about cooper in the black lodge, his doppelganger on the loose” and lynch was like, “ooooooh ok, gotcha. an 18-hour movie split into 18 parts where if you play the final 2 episodes at the same time they line up and tell an additional story” and i said “yes!!!”

the story definitely took a tone shift away from the cutesy quirky fun we all know and love into like shocking quirky horror kind of tone. i think the return is more an evolution of the film in that sense. but for me the return is the most rewatchable, because in the ways s1 and s2 seem antiquated today, just the style and pacing is very 80s/90s influenced, the return is completely modern and every frame looks beautiful, they really made it like a modern film.

the new characters in s3 are sf good and played by great actors! naomi watts, amanda seyfreid, laura dern, tom sizemore, all give tremendous performances that i can’t get enough of. as well as a bunch of unknown (to me) actors who kill it, but yeah it is a wild dark ride, it’s not a fuller house style return.

Watching Eraserhead. Man, I wonder if Lynch’s kid ever saw this.

2 Likes

OMG it’s Pete Martell in Eraserhead

1 Like

He’s in Blue Velvet, too. One of Dennis Hopper’s goons. Lynch liked him and put him in almost all of his movies until he died in the late 90s. Iirc he had a pretty big alcohol problem, which kinda shows in his weird tic-y performances.

Hey, Twin Peaks is in the Criterion Collection. That means it’s art.

1 Like

Have you watched Fire Walk with Me yet? If no you should

We’re watching it tomorrow night at 9!

1 Like

1 Like