Three C words: Capitalism, Consumerism and Costco

over the long term this drives efficiency and is a huge boon for consumers

1 Like

It’s definitely a question of degree and probably not something that can be productively discussed in this venue. For a lot of shit, especially in the healthcare world, the prices are just made up. So the government forcing places to charge reasonable prices is fine, forcing places out of business, isn’t, unless it’s just a terrible company that can’t survive with reasonable prices.

I don’t think costco executives are my buddies, dude. I probably shop there like once every three months or so

Why does a story about Neg being banned from Twitch include a pic of him shirtless? Makes you think

2 Likes

please proceed, governor

I hate Daniel because I’m actually secretly in love with him, apparently

1 Like

When everyone is perfect at their jobs in this way (and we’re on that path) everything and everyone will be an equally worthless commodity.

I mean, at least this thread is in writing. I’ve had conversations with my husband, our phones are across the room and not being used, and the next time we get on FB or wherever there are ads for whatever we were talking about. And not just on the phone, either. I can immediately walk to my PC, not even open my phone, and the ads are on sites in my browser there, too.

That’s the shit that creeps me out the most.

4 Likes

They have a choice between supplying your socks at $x and going broke or the likes of CostCo going elsewhere to an even more exploitative supplier of your damn socks.

The only people who gain out of this are Costco and their small number of sock wearers.

lots of sock wearers.

I guess it’s better than duckduckgoing like “kids school clothes” and getting shown a bunch of articles on how joe Biden is a pedo or whatever weird shit goes on when you try to turn off all the tracking. Just show me ads for new wetsuits until I finally buy one.

1 Like

Kroshopkin will never steal/clone a vendor’s product!

2 Likes

Lots of sock wearers, lots more deflationary pressure on wages of people already dependent on food banks who can’t afford socks. The standard Conservative position.

Nice socks though. You look great in them.

yeah, every time that choice comes up in a privacy setting update, I feel dirty clicking the “tailor stuff for me” choice, but if you don’t, it’s a total shitshow.

I guess we should all keep paying for hand-knitted socks because if anything changes then bad things happen

people can buy more stuff with the same amount of money. just to be clear, you’re asking how that is good?

I’m having my surfboard hand-made by nanodaughter. It’s taking a year and will cost probably $200 not counting any of her work, but it’s looking good so far!

1 Like

like everyone agrees that we’re better off with machine-woven socks than without them, right? I mean, maybe not. But like literally everyone with an IQ above like 80 who has thought about this realizes that spending a smaller percentage of your income for socks is good.

but somehow, now, at this exact moment in time, we’ve reached the OPTIMUM PRICE for socks and if the price goes ANY lower then this means that we’re essentially executing the poor children of the SockCo employees.

1 Like

We are devastating the planet, but hey, cheap socks!

1 Like

are you fucking serious