The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

Right. I’m interpreting his point to be “hiring based on objective metrics is impossible in most industries” but instead he’s getting a bunch of idiots responding with actual serious responses.

1 Like

On Hard Knocks this year they showed some footage shot by a camera on Tua’s helmet during practice. I already knew QB was hard, but I had even more respect for the position after seeing plays from his POV.

Never fear, Dilbert’s creator is here.

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1748085121901818355?t=lo4jNVaepy0tzntbY4qogw&s=19

I reconcile this by noting that people are sensitive to the direction and rate of change, even if the absolute numbers say they’re fine. Just talk of change makes them skittish and panicky. Adams has a different take though.

1 Like

Just FYI launching things into the Sun is very difficult and expensive. Much easier to send them on a one way trip to the Titanic.

3 Likes

I mean, I dont see why you would go around in circles with these folks. The question is simple. What exactly would make a brown person or woman qualified for the roles these people are bitching about and what evidence do you have that the people you are fearmongering about dont have those qualifications?

They cant answer that question. How could they?

4 Likes

I mean, I dont see why you would go around in circles with these folks.

Most of them, there’s no point. For a few, depends on the approach. I don’t have the energy but I guess Cuban does.

Except the tests are probably racially biased no
Big whoop.

“HERE WE GO!”

Lol that clip is getting soooo much air time in the anti ev circles. Meanwhile driving an ev in the winter has been an absolute joy for me and the vast majority of ev drivers. Auto defrosted and heated car/seat/steering wheel, leave home with a full tank every morning, AWD handles superbly in the snow and ice, never need to freeze my ass of pumping gas.

I get the EVs arent for everybody, but the ever present need for anti ev people to magnify every potential negative is kind of weird. I also get that it was probably posted here cause lol fuck elon, and with that I agree.

6 Likes

I really just see this as an admission that the organization isn’t willing to do the hard work of changing their approach to recruitment and retention that would organically result in diverse leadership (i.e. they just do it through shared affinity). But they know that’s lazy/bad so the only way to balance it out is to occasionally be explicit about hiring someone with an underrepresented background.

As a white man, I think it would be kind of lol to be annoyed by a situation that inherently benefits you 99% of the time (unless you are saying you are annoyed by the lack of real work being done to promote diversity).

2 Likes

I think that’s the bottom line. If the remedy for centuries of total and complete (if not always explicitly stated) bias towards white guys is explicitly stated bias toward others, so be it. It’s better than the status quo.

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1749174629799977086?t=5eOUeQN5I1aygjBqJLo0GA&s=19

6 Likes

is the whole thing a bit? or do you think they really are that fucking lost they’ve convinced themselves that they are the everyday citizen good guys? if they are then who do they think is the baddy managerial class? is it just jews? like is that the dogwhistle?

3 Likes

It’s middle managers who try to control things. Compliance officers, DEI people, stuff like that. Not business owners and other every day salt of the earth folks.

9 Likes

The common clay of the new west.

3 Likes

Oh God, he did that to just to get ideas.

2 Likes

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1749194701368918016?s=20

3 Likes