The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

I thought that was kind of weird. Like did he have some codemonkeys rent a lift and pick up some hacksaws at Home Depot? I would think if you call a reputable sign guy, he’s gonna know he needs a permit.

1 Like

Yeah but if you follow the process you can’t do it NOW NOW NOW which is what Elno wanted. Move fast and break stuff!

I think most contractors will work without a permit if you demand it and assume liability.

Wouldn’t surprise me, really.

1 Like

I don’t think licensed contractors would. But yeah, Elon could find somebody to do it. I hope they got paid up front.

And ~everyone in this forum

a lot of people were pretty sure he wasn’t going to wiggle out of it, go back here and start scrolling down

Looks like 6% of forum had him being forced to buy (hence “back out of”)

Scrolled up for 81 vote pole.

Yeah, the consensus was definitely not Musk gets out of it. There were a few people that thought that, but it was the minority.

edit: I undeleted since there was a reply, rather than just a new post. I read the second poll wrong - thought it was more than $25 billion. I was surprised that the first poll was split with about 40% on him being able to back out of it (which I’d put as the buys as lower price/settle for less than a billion). I thought consensus was more Musk was screwed with Delaware judges that don’t fuck around, and so would have to pay a bunch of money to go away (which I would not say is being able to back out).

Ninja editz

3251BCE4-0F13-4B32-8950-5E5224C31CC3

16 Likes

Man he should have offered like $3b and said sry my bad.

That might not have been enough, but I bet board would have taken $10 billion. Board/management get to keep their jobs and then likely could justify paying themselves a nice big bonus from that free Musk money.

Uhhh, excuse me?

So, Elon is essentially turning Twitter into Parler.

If Mark can advertise, Threads will become the next new thing. First thing he needs to do is change the name.

Maybe a synonym, like Duds

1 Like

I don’t think that is the correct interpretation at all.

I think ~everyone took that to mean what it literally means: not be forced to buy the company he no longer wanted to.

He wasn’t forced to buy the company, he settled. It’s unknown whether the judge would have forced him to close the deal or just cut a big check.

Kind of bad that Threads is unlikely to be available in Europe though…

What did Twitter give up on the settlement other than dropping the lawsuit to force the sale?

I believe if Musk backed out he had to pay a billion dollars or something like that.