The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

The nuclear football will likely travel with [Trump], experts say, meaning there will be at least two briefcases in different locations, presenting a unique challenge of ensuring the transfer of authority goes smoothly.

How about No, Scott?

This is exactly right.

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1351584240215810050?s=21

8 Likes

aight lets go

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1351569367704584192?s=20

9 Likes

And the free college.

Yeah plus I would guess in many countries 70 plus year olds are better off than they would be here. We don’t exactly embrace the elderly as a society which is very different in some other cultures.

If they come here good, they are consumers and will buy all the crap we sell to maintain the economy.

I know this is an ambitious plan, probably to the left of what can actually be passed. The practical discussion at hand should be about whether this actually has a chance and what compromises we would be willing to make to pass a watered down bill if has no chance as is.

I see immigration reform within the context of my long-term desire for a giant federal database of everyone in the country, citizen or not, with automatic voter registration for all citizens and a national ID card or an electronic equivalent where one doesn’t have to carry around a physical card that can be lost.

The fact that there is a small device that has the ability to begin the destruction of modern civilisation and that that device is within reach of the President at all times is terrible on so many levels. (Other nuclear powers have similar I assume - or maybe not?)

… and what the hell happened to arms reduction. Zero is the number of nuclear warheads we should be working rapidly towards dammit. Get that on your list Joe.

2 Likes

There is no practical discussion at hand. What do you think we’re doing here? Who are we and who are we talking to?

PC was the first one to bring up the idea of a practical discussion at hand.

Here’s a practical discussion: if you have the opportunity to help someone without legal status, do it.

1 Like

You overestimate the quality of life in most countries of the world if you believe there isn’t a sizable number of people who would rather live in the US if they can get UBI/social security and healthcare there.

What if their home country says “lol, no”?

The EU does not include the poorest nations in the world. You also can’t just move to another EU country and get social benefits or healthcare there. That’s not at all how it works.

joe and kamala

1 Like

Surprise guest delivering the sermon

3 Likes

You are being sarcastic and hyperbolic (I assume) when saying everyone. Replace it with “many” and tell me why that is a ridiculous thesis.

No amount of consumption could cover the healthcare costs they will cause.

Don’t we have like 3-4 senators who refuse to nuke the filibuster? I could could imagine convincing Manchin, but how do you convince a oatmeal brain like Feinstein? The article said even her husband couldn’t convince her to step down or change, and Schumer had to have the same conversation with her 4 times basically telling her they’d vote her our if she didn’t resign.

I don’t see how it gets done unless somehow they convince her to take a cabinet seat. Honestly she probably thinks she’s doing gods work.

And that’s she’s from CA makes it even worse. The filibuster greatly diminishes the completely undersized influence that state has in the senate.

In the age old question, is it right to take one life to save thousands, if you’re her aide do you trip and fall into her and knock her down some stairs?