The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I played half of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Always wanted to go back and finish it.

1 Like

Where do you find these bonus episodes? I do not see anything in the main screen.

I was wondering who plays Geralt (I’m midway through S1E3) and at the beginning of the third episode I saw Henry Cavill is in it. I said to myself, “I wonder who he pla… ohhhhh.”

1 Like

Also, there’s time jumps? Am I doing bad tv watching if that’s something I haven’t noticed by episode 3?

It should become a lot more clear on episode 4.

1 Like

I haven’t played game or read books but liked season 1 alot

1 Like

Another fun question is how many of you guys noticed that Witcher S1E1 was an allusion to the old story of Snow White. It’s a little more obvious in the books but I think I would have never caught on to that from just watching the show.

I didn’t notice but I dont really know the story of Snow White very well.

Haven’t played or watched Witcher yet, but it’s really cool that Cavill is a huge gamer and really wanted to play Geralt.

1 Like

From an app, if you hit the pause button you should get the X-ray screen showing scene cast and trivia. Hit ALL and that will bring up a menu. Hit BONUS. Doing from memory but think this is correct.

Apparently will not work from a smart TV?

1 Like

Thanks! I am watching on TV, that’s why I couldn’t find the bonus content.

GL. I don’t have a smart TV. I use chromecast from my pc or tablet.

The bonus clips are displayed as thumbnails in a browser but don’t play when you click on them. gj Amazon, ge

Somebody said the wheel
Of time had similar bonus content and they fixed that right away. Lol the expanse.

Anyhoo, do problem from an iPad.

Had to watch this clip again

3 Likes

I thought a M * A * S * H discussion had broken out and began wondering how that show would hold up if viewed today.

My wife and I had no exposure to the source material before watching. I liked it quite a bit, and she loved it. I thought season one was better, I was really digging figuring out all the timelines on the first watch and then doing a rewatch to put all of the pieces together.

One of their characters is named Spearchucker Jones.

So probably not good

2 Likes

MASH the TV show is pretty darn liberal overall, it’s basically an anti war show. And they did drop the “Spearchucker” character early on, that was a carry over from the movie.

1 Like

I mean does it even get the green light in this day given this?