The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I gave up on Billions somewhere in season 4 or 5, can’t bother myself to finish it now, it defintely got stale

1 Like

I only found out about it by seeing Billions on my Prime home page and it states “Included with Prime and Paramount+ subscription” but I think it’s the Paramount+ on that gets it for me. I don’t know if you only have Paramount+ if you get SHOWTIME stuff too, or if it has to be like my situation where I’m paying $10/month for P+ through Amazon Prime.

They got me good with Paramount+. I signed up for a free week just to watch Detroiters, then started Twin Peaks and paid for a month to finally finish that, probably will end up having it for like a year please help

Gotta watch The Offer too.

1 Like

Sounds like I’ll need to look into it a bit. I actually watched the first 3 seasons of Billions on Amazon Prime (no Paramount). Nothing beyond that was available, but that was over a year ago. I should check again.

Season 3 of Righteous Gemstones has been pretty boring so far. Hopefully they pick up some kind of plot in the second half.

Also I don’t get the point of the flashback episodes in this show. A kid acting like Danny McBride acting like a kid ? This is like if in “Stepbrothers” the main characters were actual children, nothing funny about that…

1 Like

I believe they were orderred for another season, but that was before the strike. Not sure what the status is now

Damn it, Axe is coming back?

I do not want to pick it back up but now I might have to

1 Like

The amount of Succession parallels to the real history of the Hammer family is too damn high

You’re sure to devour this week’s episode analyzing four generations of wealthy men who, in our little opinion, represent a stunning example of how a powerful American family can resemble a cult. This week, Isa and Amanda are joined by a third co-host of sorts, true crime TikTokker and friend of the pod Lauren Skae (@thezenblonde), who’s here to help tell the harrowing story of The Hammer Family, including actor Armie Hammer, who was exposed for a bunch of power-abusive behaviors. Sometimes murder-y, sometimes cannibal-y (allegedly!!!), this one is not for the faint of heart.

So the dude from Social Network is from the family that funded Watergate??? I did not have that on my bingo card wtf

Good long interview with the creator of The Bear on The Watch this week (starting around the 29:00 mark).

1 Like

Adult Swim put the entire first episode of My Adventures with Superman up for free. This will be excellent to fill the void between seasons of Superman and Lois.

At one point I thought they merged showtime with paramount plus but then I thought I was mistaken. Going to check tonight.

I have a free year of paramount plus because I bought a discounted year of grocery delivery service, and I would like to finish up billions. I am pretty sure I haven’t seen the latest season. Because Bobby Axe Axelrod was still on the show when I watched it.

I want to finish season two and do season 3 before my max subscription expires in two weeks but I am having a hard time being motivated to watch it. Too much other stuff to watch. I love the cast of the show, just wish it hit me more.

Man, fuck these guys.

https://twitter.com/Massawyrm/status/1678957635146579969?s=20

1 Like

Wtffffffff

Posting the pic to deny Musk his clicks

1 Like

So, literally A Christmas Carol

1 Like

Hopefully.

Just watched the first episode of Secret Chef. On his podcast, David Chang said the story was conceived while on some sort of substance and it shows. I expect to finish out the season.

Speaking of cooking shows, pretty excited about this announcement

1 Like

6 Likes