The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I remember watching this live. The question to win 100K might be the most sadistic thing ever thought up by a TV producer

I saw Neil Hamburger open for a show too, and it was mainly Anthony Keidis material.

The who she wants to be married to was way worse then the cheating one. Wrong order.

1 Like

I hate those videos with a ā€œpresenterā€ babbling. If thereā€™s an interesting clip, great show me the clip and please STFU. And while Iā€™m hating, for some reason I DESPISE the landing photos or whatever theyā€™re called (Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a name) with the presenter making a goofy face. I should post that in the ā€œthings that shouldnā€™t piss you off but doā€ thread. God I hate those stills so so much.

3 Likes

Thumbnail and there is a ton of research that shows they play a massive role in watch rates.

1 Like

I am sure, and the way they are so carefully crafted to try to be tantalizing is part of what bugs me so much. Itā€™s pictorial clickbait and it enrages me.

1 Like

Nothing more annoying than a soyface next to a picture that doesnā€™t represent what the video is.

Even worse is when they change the title and make it look a whole new video, getting me to click twice.

ā€œuber driver sucked me off???ā€ is the archetype here, right? I have never actually watched that but I assume there is no actual sucking off?

oh lol me, thatā€™s a rob whisman joint

I did get a small laugh at Rishi complementing Harper on her ā€˜empty salesman patterā€™. Got to give credit to Harper for endlessly doubling down. Sheā€™s going to have the whole company jumping ship in a few hours

Pretty much.

canā€™t believe I actually thought ā€œuber driver sucked me offā€ was an actual example of that genre

Why does every male youtube travel channel have this obsession with getting a haircut/shave in X country? Are they just all copying each other? They usually donā€™t even need a haircut.

I think I have seen about twenty dudes get their haircut under that bridge in Venezuela.

Not sure if Iā€™ll be able to stick with The Handmaidā€™s Tale. It has lost all its steam.

1 Like

For sure a lot of copying going on. Lots of youtubers ran out of new ideas a long time ago so anytime someone does something different and it gets views there are sure to be a bunch of people immediately copying that idea.

Simple question:

Chicanery or Ozymandias?

• Chicanery
  • Ozymandias

0 voters

Shit I dont know how to make it public

Recency bias but Plan and Execution

I dont disagree but I still have Chicanery as the best of the series

the plot sucked both seasons. little vignettes with martin/short (also lane and fey) are great. selena canā€™t even act in a comedy, oof, there i said it. come at me. no rewatching potential, three bags only because SO tolerated it.