The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Colin Robinson is such a great character

7 Likes

Wow @ BCS being shut out

Nice to see McKean give no fucks.

https://twitter.com/TownleyPeter/status/1569149871210516482?t=a1K6vqy2uKmP6h-xG3rAtA&s=19

9 Likes

And if my wife or I ever say “Colin Robinson,” we always say it in Nandor’s accent.

Mark Proksch might be the best one-gear comedic actor of the last decade. The Office, Better Call Saul, What We Do in the Shadows, and going back further, his local news segment trolling as K-Strass.

3 Likes

On Cinema At The Cinema

3 Likes

So true. He just nails this one note so perfectly that it is hilarious EVERY TIME.

Nobody who watches On Cinema would call Porksch a “one-gear comedic actor,” its the one project that has given him the opportunity to spread his wings imo.

1 Like

“one note” is a better term than what I used.

I’ve never seen him on On Cinema.

Industry this week

Another legitimately good episode, one of the best of the series. I was very entertained. Did NOT see the Daria thing coming, at all, and it was awesome. Next week looks super intense.

2 Likes

Probably the best W.C. Fields impersonation I’ve ever seen

3 Likes

Any opinions of Moonhaven?

Loved it. All the power dynamics felt super real. Don’t give a shit about the Gus character but was otherwise riveted.

I think he should have gotten an Emmy for his Oscar.

5 Likes

This is a paen to loveletters to tributes to movie magic. Also arguably the foremost artistic work of the 21st century. I envy you the 300 hours of entertainment that lay ahead.

2 Likes

1 Like

Gregg Turkington is one of the most perfectly realized characters in American letters imo. Great casting as well. Would love to see him and Mark get out from under Tim’s Thumb.

1 Like

Check out antman

I was about to say this. It was on the other day and I did the Leo pointing at the TV thing.

2 Likes

A decade or so ago I went to see Faith No More in Brooklyn on their reunion tour, and the surprise opening act was Neil Hamburger doing a 45 minute set entirely about Anthony Kedis. I can tell you that the crowd rection was mixed.

4 Likes

Lmao I need more Neil Hamburger