The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Cobra Kai:

Holy shit, that must have been a long bus trip. Miguel aged 2 years and added 3 inches to his hair.

1 Like

Dropped today, in bingeable format even.

wow. maybe an actual reason for me to resub to Netflix for a month.

Netflix is really dropping the ball that I learnt that a new season dropped from this thread.

Typical American public transit.

1 Like

Lol trying to log into Paramount plus and got a bad gateway error and the URL was something like paramountplus/upsell/

4 Likes

Just getting around to the House of the Dragon now and I canā€™t get over that Corlys Velaryonā€™s hobby lobby yarn wig. What in the fuck? Was his costume budget $14?

1 Like

Dude, thats his real hair

Iā€™m liking this Rings show way more than I thought I would. I was fully prepared to be a hater, but so far it has won me over. So much red meat for the Tolkien fans yet also you could go in blind and enjoy this.

Also I love the way they keep us guessing about who the mystery man from the sky is: is he Gandalf or Sauron? There are so many clues in both directions.

And who are these Canadian dudes carrying moose horns around? What a weird Monty Python-esque little detail to throw in.

3 Likes

If you do, please please please for those of us who love it so much, watch a few minutes of the Sandman as the very first thing you play (like, literally, touch nothing else first) once you subscribe. They track that shit, and it needs a season 2

3 Likes

Finished another Wire rewatch. Still the GOAT.

5 Likes

Finished The Rehearsal.

I guess Iā€™ll be the odd one out and say that I didnā€™t care for it much at all. Didnā€™t find it funny or genius, just mostly mean-spirited.

Maybe I need to recreate myself as the host of the show and hire some guy to watch it to see why I donā€™t appreciate this.

4 Likes

Finished Cobra Kai S5. Very good. Really enjoyed it. Chozen the absolute MVP

1 Like

Interesting take. Have you seen much of Fielderā€™s stuff in the past

None (or so little that it doesnā€™t register as a memory).

1 Like

People who have watched Archive 81, is it worth completing? Iā€™ve watched 4 eps and am thinking of quitting and just reading what happens. Thereā€™s a lot of shots of just the main guy (Dan? Is that his name?) reacting to video and this is not helped by the fact that he is a bad actor imo.

I like it but I also liked it through the first 4 eps. It doesnā€™t change much and youā€™re going to be stuck quitting in the middle anyway since it was planned for more than one season then canceled.

Hmm OK thanks, Iā€™ll just read the recaps.

I rather liked it but if youā€™re not feeling it by ep 4 you should probably bail.

Iā€™m watching Devil In Ohio rn only because Stephen King recommended it on Twitter. Three eps in and Itā€™s just good enough for me to want to see the whole thing but idk if Iā€™d recommend it.

I kinda feel like the dragon show needs a bigger plot than all this soap opera stuff theyā€™re trying to pass off as palace intrigue.

1 Like