The Supreme Court: Playing Calvinball and going on free trips since 1789

Watching Syracuse football is shockingly not helping things

1 Like

Good, surround his house. Don’t let anyone enter or leave.

1 Like

Correct. I talked to a buddy from back home a couple weeks ago who blames all the nation’s ills on “the liberal Democrats.” I reminded him that “the liberal Democrats” control one half of one branch of the three in our government, and asked him to show his work. He couldn’t, of course, but he’s sure it’s somehow their fault.

Yeah, I know. The “libertarians” rarely turn out to actually be for small government, but the tea-party/Trump Party isn’t necessarily going to end up destroying things like social security and Medicare. Most of the fascists have some social welfare policies. Pinochet might have been different on that front.

I remember losing my shit over Garland and telling everyone Dems needed to go full scorched Earth and most everyone, even 22ers, thought I was overreacting. Dems may not ever get another to appoint another SCOTUS justice in my lifetime.

4 Likes

I can only be so masochistic, not watching Cuse right now.

We all assumed Hillary had it locked up at the time. We probably should have freaked out more then, but we need to be better this time.

1 Like

:+1:

@BestOf

Glad to see you joined me in wake and baking. Only way to survive this day.

1 Like

You guys still don’t get it. If Hillary had won, they would refuse to hold hearings for any of her picks for four years. They’ve set the precedent that they can illegally keep the opposition party out of the SCOTUS for perpetuity. And there were no consequences to that. Dems should have help up every single piece of legislation until they gave Garland a hearing.

2 Likes

Have the balls of pepper which totally aren’t tear gas but look exactly like it started flying yet?

1 Like

They’ve already figured out they can beat, maim and jail peaceful protesters with impunity. So lol protesting

1 Like

Believe me, I get that now. Dems will never get a hearing on another nominee if there is a Republican Senate. Turns out the cheat code to our democracy is holding the Senate.

2 Likes

And it’s just a super unlucky and not at all systemically racist and unjust bad break that they can hold the Senate while losing the national popular vote election after election.

Tough break, that’s how the founders designed it!

3 Likes

Yep. And protesting really isn’t yielding any results in terms of change. What worked in the 60’s may not continue working in the 20’s. Maybe general strikes or boycotts or abstract forms of civil disobedience may be a better path. I have no idea. I just think Trump is going to be more emboldened than ever to squash protests with force and to get away with it.

1 Like

If there were hearings, they would have all just voted not to confirm.

Becherovka. I have a bottle here too.

1 Like

Her family should have kept her hidden in the freezer for four months. Totally worth whatever criminal charges ensue.

2 Likes

By the way the next person who tells me in real life that the founders were geniuses might get punched in the face.