The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

I don’t think that’s an indication of anything. Most school stops are around for years and so there probably is some customary spot where kids get picked up and I could see someone worried about something by that spot, whether or not they’re getting picked up at that particular time.

I hope Alito’s neighbor realizes that stress is a killer as we get older, so he should definitely not continue harassing the Alitos.

1 Like
1 Like

Bud Light has its own stock ticker apparently.

2 Likes

Is it well known in Washington DC where these people live?

No but in moscow you can buy a map to the czars

5 Likes

I’m going with parody but :crossed_fingers:

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1792515746267873295?t=2LCKFK5gJLbo0qeOOu1tjA&s=19

Yes. People on occasion protest at their houses.

Right now though, the ongoing protest is a small camp in front of Blinken’s house that has been there for over a month.

Borowitz Report is a parody publication, or at least it was a long time ago.

1 Like

lol Sammy Boy

I’m so sick of hearing these talking head lawyers saying that Thomas and Alinto must recuse themselves from the immunity decision. THEY’RE NOT GOING TO RECUSE THEMSELVES!!

I understand congress not impeaching Thomas because they probably don’t have the votes to convict given that the Republican party are abetting criminals themselves. But is this another failure of Merrick Garland for not investigating Thomas for bribes and his wife for her part in J6?

My other question is, when do the states and public uprise and refuse to recognize rulings made by an illegitimate SC?

The illegitimate rulings are loved by the side with the gun fetish so if the answer to this question is “ever” it’s not going to end well.

it’s not really a symmetric situation. like how does a progressive state “ignore” the dobbs ruling? Gavin newsom can’t like march down to alabama and force them to allow abortions

1 Like

like it seems way more likely that if Roe somehoe gets reinstated that Texas continues to ban abortions

1 Like

Last summer, two years after an upside-down American flag was flown outside the Virginia home of Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., another provocative symbol was displayed at his vacation house in New Jersey, according to interviews and photographs.

This time, it was the “Appeal to Heaven” flag, which, like the inverted U.S. flag, was carried by rioters at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Also known as the Pine Tree flag, it dates back to the Revolutionary War, but largely fell into obscurity until recent years and is now a symbol of support for former President Donald J. Trump, for a religious strand of the “Stop the Steal” campaign and for a push to remake American government in Christian terms.

Three photographs obtained by The New York Times, along with accounts from a half-dozen neighbors and passers-by, show that the Appeal to Heaven flag was aloft at the Alito home on Long Beach Island in July and September of 2023. A Google street view image from late August also shows the flag.

Come on Alito why are you picking weird ass obscure flags to fly?

2 Likes

Sammy Boy’s wife was out of control.

1 Like

Totally cool that our two most senior SCOTUS justices have wives openly rooting for an armed insurrection.

Flag gate kinda funny

Alito comes up with a stupid excuse about the first flag and then there are pics of a weirder flag in a second location.

1 Like

It’s funnier to me that people pretend to be deeply shocked that these extreme ideologues behave like, well, extreme ideologues. OMG how did this right-wing political figure end up being like this?!

2 Likes

Politician puts their career and future gifting ability above all their pretend ideals, news at 11

1 Like