The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

‘Christmas party’ is way better than the 'oral sex ’ that my friends always put in when they send me a Venmo.

4 Likes

Which is how you know it’s probably something illicit. One his buddies would have put ‘perineum sunning lessons’ or something.

1 Like

OMFG this means all of my transactions between myself and my…um…‘associate’ are PUBLIC

1 Like

Wow Dick Durbin should write a letter

Sammy Antonelli may not be thrilled about this.

not real name

You would have won that bet sir. When you are a party to the transaction, it does display the amount.

Still ridiculous to have as a default setting.

2 Likes

lol wat

I don’t use Venmo much so I did not have to scroll down far to see these. No idea why rando poker player shipments appear in my feed.

Because it’s awesome! Not your father’s stodgy old Paypal.

1 Like

Can you also see them? It’s weird that I see very few in between. It’s not like I’m following those people or anything, that I am aware of :man_shrugging:

I assume this is how some reporter found out about Clarence’s Venmo stuff.

No I turned all that shit off immediately. I only see my own transactions. I think originally they were searchable and you could see anyone’s.

Now the default might be only “friends” or something. But I have no idea what weird way they determine that. I just sent money to someone who apparently is my friend. But not through Venmo. I forget if I gave it permission to look at my contacts. Or maybe I paid money to one of her friends on Venmo.

I turned mine off but I can still see the ones of people who have not

It also seems pretty ridiculous how airline apps, pharmacy apps, just about any app logs you off after a while. But I just pulled up Venmo on my phone for the first time in over a year and I’m still logged in. Free to send money from anyone who gets a hold of my phone when it’s not locked. Fucking ridiculous. It should log the user out at some point.

This is how people are getting scammed now. Someone befriends them, watches them enter their code to unlock the phone, then drugs them and drains their bank account. Or uses their fingerprint after they passed out.

Just checked the Paypal app and I’m logged out. Ok Boomer lmao. That’s inconvenient.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure my feed is showing me transactions from everyone in my phone’s contacts. I’ve never sent or received money from any of these people.

As it should. Makes perfect sense.

Right but I don’t have Galen Hall and Vanessa Selbst in my contacts!

Maybe Galen Hall has you in his contacts.

Galen has 1148 “friends” on Venmo. I did not find a person named Lol Lmao though.

My feed is only 1 friend and she is my partner’s friend that we go to dinner with somewhat regularly and use Venmo to reimburse since it’s easier for one person to just pick up the tab.

1 Like

That’s so awesome that you can see all of Galen Hall’s Venmo friends. What a cool feature! I’m sure all 1148 of them are totally cool with that too.

I’ve tracked down two people just from a few vague clues, using mostly FB friend relationships. Venmo friends is a whole new source!

1 Like