The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

they took me to ruth’s chris for my college graduation, it was ok but felt it was overpriced. morton’s is not on that level in my opinion it isn’t good.

Some people never make it out of the poverty trap. Mentally, that is.

1 Like

I mean I’ve been there done that, and spent my hard-earned money at such a place only to be disappointed when I had a lot less money to splurge with.

Now, having eaten at such places many times for work dinners, I realize these restaurants simply exist to serve people who aren’t spending their own money. Therefore, it’s sad to see people dropping $60 for steaks that can be bought for $12 at the store and grilled a lot better at home.

1 Like

Morton’s is owned by Landry’s, which means you can use comps earned playing poker at the Golden Nugget at any Morton’s (or McCormick & Schmick’s or any restaurant under the Landry’s umbrella.)

1 Like

Can’t you say this about any steakhouse with $60 steaks, not just the chains?

3 Likes

$12 for the steak + $10 for the preparation and service and clean up (eat at a restaurant) + $38 to not be near poor people. That’s what sucks about going to Morton’s, not having bad taste in steak.

1 Like

This is fair. I’m probably conflating places like Bonanza with the subject at hand.

Poor people are not going to Del Frisco

1 Like

Chain steakhouses are fine. They’re like marriotts. You’re paying for a homogenized, predictable outcome, which people who travel on business and are entertaining clients on expense accounts value tremendously

2 Likes

I personally am not going to Flemings or whatever but totally get why a dental supply sales guy would

1 Like

I once took clients to a tiny new foody restaurant and it completely blew their minds. We had like craft cocktails and small plates at a super trendy place in Toronto. In the client review at the end of the year the clients told my boss that they’ve never had a vendor take them someplace so cool.

2 Likes

What gave you the impression they’re not serving prime dry aged stuff?

Morton's

Fox idiot tried to fuck around…and found out anyway. Fuck Kavanaugh, and fuck Fox for trying to go after Pete’s husband. Also, lmao at them trying to imply he never got protested. Hello…he was the one with all the weird anti-gay people dressed as the devil at his events…

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1546145540684988418?s=20&t=DCYeMD3LJcuYqWCMEsSFnA

6 Likes

Fox windbag found out, but your pony sure didn’t. We’ve been slurping Pete for this all morning.

5 Likes

Yeah, 100% this.

My only visits to Morton’s involved being taken there for business. It’s not like I was dreading the meal in any way. It’s a solid steak dinner. Completely forgettable, but not that much worse than a steak place I would have chosen.

Ive only had Mortons in Asia when at the time there were almost no steak houses and I thought it was decent. Those were online poker days so money was make believe. I haven’t had it in the US, but can relate to the existential dread of going to restaurants that cater to corporate guests. Everyone on 2+2 is a steak master now but I don’t see how you can call this Trump level terrible:

The pete clip is awesome.

Yeah, unless the business person I’m taking out I know to be a really picky eater, I’m picking some place local and unique rather than somewhere the same as you can get anywhere.

Looks cooked well, but it badly needed some more resting time.

2 Likes

It’s different if it’s one single person versus a group.

For something like a job interview, I’ve been to much more interesting restaurants.

But where it’s a large group of what are effectively randoms to the host, these places have value.