The Supreme Court: Playing Calvinball and going on free trips since 1789

Well that’s obviously not true. William Calley got house arrest.

Thomas also recites the prosecution’s narrative — including gruesome details of the crime — as if it were fact, ignoring the numerous expert witnesses and two federal courts that have said the injury that caused the girl’s death couldn’t possibly have happened at the time and in the manner the state of Arizona claims.

The Supreme Court’s own history ought to impart some lessons here. In 1994, Scalia described in an unrelated death penalty case the heinous nature of the rape and murder for which Henry McCollum was convicted and sentenced to death in North Carolina. It was, Scalia argued, a poster case for the death penalty. About 20 years later, McCullum was exonerated and freed. In 2006, Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote a dissenting opinion defending the Tennessee conviction of Paul House that also included graphic descriptions of the crime and a recitation of the state’s narrative as if it were fact. House, too, was later exonerated and released.

Thomas joined both of those opinions. He seems utterly unchastened that both were so clearly and consequentially wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/01/arizona-death-row-supreme-court-shinn-innocence/

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jkosseff/status/1533133194140209152?s=20&t=6QbI0j07HZHou8oj4XvmCA

She lived in their house. Some truly sick shit here.

A third woman, Susan Reynolds, said in a sworn statement that she lived in the Ranaghan household, and that she had at one point been “shocked” to hear that Kevin Ranaghan sometimes showered with two of his daughters, who were 10 or 11 at the time.

Completely rigged the whole system for not 1, not 2, but 3 fucking seats for charlatans.

123 posts were split to a new topic: Relocation in light of SCOTUS border patrol decision

The “attempted assassination” outrage about Kavanaugh is rustling my jimmies good.

Did the guy not call the cops on himself?

Also Dems are such failures for not renaming the gun control bill “Protect our Supreme Court Justices Bill” or whatever. We suck so much at this game.

2 Likes

Yes, he called 911 to report he was suicidal and at some point mentioned wanting to kill Kavanaugh. It was a diabolical plan.

1 Like

It’s rustling my jimmies because the solution to this problem is gun control.

It’s like fine let’s talk about it. I think we should have more gun control so that crazy people can’t kill supreme court justices.

Of course ACB is in a cult where women surrender their entire beings to men. Those crazy eyes. We are so fucked

Cult leader was showering with 11 year olds

When is SCOTUS gonna release the decision, man?

I’m on pins and needles waiting for the breathless gasp, followed by the apathetic death rattle of the USA#1 normies. Light the rocket!!!

ETA: Anyone else vaguely on edge lately? Weird, I’m working especially hard to stay centered and/or focused these days.

1 Like

Shit is there a cult leader who isn’t a sexual predator?

Also Border Patrol is gonna be America’s version of the SS when apartheid becomes reality. Give it 20 years (when Hispanics are expected to become the majority in America).

I can only think of L Ron Hubbard and the heavens gate people. There’s a few others though. Obviously ton of degens though

showering with

According to one of his sons, Hubbard did have relations with underage girls

Pretty simple Venn:

O

Had no idea until just now: RBG was a student of Nabokov’s at Cornell.

Anyone else remember when someone asked Cruz about Roberts and Cruz says that he was a trash pick and that W should have picked Luttig instead.

I want someone to play that tape back and ask him about Luttig now. It will have no effect on anything, but I will be highly amused.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1537819632492597248?cxt=HHwWgMC-tduzt9cqAAAA