The Shredders Ball

20 years ago i would have had so many contributions to this thread, sadly my guitar playing days are long gone. don’t think we’ve had any Yngwie posted and he is a SHREDDER

acoustic and electric shred all in one

3 Likes

the wingy :heart_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

Fuel is pumping Injine!

I swear James uses the singular somewhere lol

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Alex Sill demoing Non-Brewed Condiment on the Kiesel Holdsworth signature model:

Original piece:

Trivia / fetishism: Allan appears to be holding an Ibanez Roadstar II on this album cover, not his signature model AH10 / AH20 which were slightly modified Roadstars only available from 1985-1987. Those are rare and somewhat collectible now, easily distinguished by the unique spider logo headstock:

Tough to gauge the market on these because there aren’t many for sale, but I’d guess a fair price would be in the $1500 +/- $500 depending on condition / color. That’s certainly more than you’d have paid before he died or before the pandemic bubble, but I think they are probably still collector value at that price given this is a rare signature model of a monster player. The non-signature Roadstar II guitars from the same era are some of the best values in vintage guitars right now: $250-$500 range.

1 Like

This is the guitar I have wanted recently, but I never play and really suck at it now so it’s not really justifiable to waste the money.

1 Like

What is that?

G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy

This may sound strange but I could never get past that weird hook / point on the headstock. But if I had to own a G&L, I’d go for one of those really simplistic looking offsets. The SC2 or something? No shame in buying an axe as a sculpture piece to hang on your wall. I have more guitars than anyone would ever need and tend to prefer just one or two, but I’d be lying if I said they weren’t cool just to look at. At one point I was trying to pare down my collection, but then I saw Steve Vai’s guitar room and thought “wait a second, I want that.” Getting a similar room is basically my life goal now:

Yeah my Les Paul is going up on the wall when our renovations are completed next year. Not sure if I would purchase one for that, but maybe…

1 Like

You ever play one of these?

Each guitar more hideous than the previous one.

1 Like

No, not even a lap steel. Have you?

Yeah, I have an S10 3+4 (single neck 10-string with 3 pedals / 4 knees levers) that’s in E9 right now. It’s like the galaxy brain version of guitar. Just getting the bar to intonate properly is non-trivial. Easiest thing for me has been right hand since I played a lot of fingerstyle, but the rest of it is tricky if you’re trying to actually figure things out and not just copy licks / patterns.

Here’s a “standard” E9 copedent with a sweetened tuning (C6 is next common copedent and usually what people have the 2nd neck tuned to). My point is that anyone who is shredding on one of these things is basically a 4D chess shredder. There’s a jopke in the pedal steel community that goes something like:

Q: Why are all of the good pedal steel players 80 years old?

A: That’s how long it takes to learn.

2 Likes