The Rail Strike: Tentative deal reached

I wonder if the RLA permitting secondary boycotts, unlike in other industries, will come into play here.

Unlike most people here I’ve never worked in a real white collar environment but all of my jobs have had at least decent rules around time off, sick pay etc. Jobs have been in retail, public works (great gig if you’re lazy) and manufacturing. Constantly being on call or a 90 hour work week is a fucking joke and I don’t think I would ever go for that.

I could accept those job hour requirements if I was being paid enough and got four months off per year.

Maybe the shit that the country relies on to function should be owned by, like, the country.

THAT’S SOCIA… fuck it. What’s the point.

It’s not amtrak strike right?

Not even then. If you’re that specialized and a bfd, you just call your shot.

Strike averted

If the Japan Railway company employees ever went on strike, the country would implode.

1 Like

5 Likes

Sounds like the most indefensible policies at least got some positive changes. Good to see as there really couldn’t be a strike so expected workers to get mega fucked.

I mean, they got one paid sick day a year. But hey, at least now when they get emergency surgery, they aren’t penalized! Power to the people!

:vince3:

Joe Biden is the real fascist because he made the trains run on time just like Mussolini.

2 Likes

welp, ok, was hoping the details were better than that. My expectations were very low here though.

Yeah same. But I was thinking a few paid sick days. I guess when you’re literally not allowed to be sick or hospitalized, being allowed to be at your own expense is progress.