The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

Because any small business can get it up to that amount (in round 1 at least).

It wouldn’t be means testing if we told a millionaire they only get the $2000 check everyone else gets, even if that millionaire can argue that $2000 isn’t enough to meet their expenses.

They used to do it to me all the time - increase my credit line, then when I actually use the increased credit line, jack my rates up as a bad credit risk.

They usually give you the option of cancelling the card and paying it off under the old terms. But they don’t have to - and one didn’t.

Meanwhile other credit cards are sending me blank checks to pay off the balance of the ones that just jacked up my rates. Madness.

My absolute favorite is when they send you some new terms but then always add “and we can change these any time we want for any reason”. What’s the point of even having terms?

Agreed. Its a reason this place is dying out.

Stuff aimed more towards lay readers:

Good point. I don’t get anything for example.

My personal experience is meaningless to the overall health of the forum, and I’m not sure that anyone else feels this way, but I can tell you that I feel less inclined to participate lately mostly because I am very angry at what is happening and I don’t take any enjoyment from arguing with Biden optimists (whether self identified or not) or even Biden pessimists who just don’t seem to care.

I like you guys, and I don’t think anyone here (with maybe a few exceptions) has any really unsavory beliefs or motives or anything. But it’s genuinely hard for me to find an ounce of happiness or optimism about anything right now. With Trump, it was the same, but the anger and fear I felt from him was also kind of a uniting force, and would give me flickers of hope that if things are so fucking bad now and all of the stuff we’ve been doing for decades has led us to this moment, maybe this can be a time where things change.

Right now I’m left feeling nearly as bad, but also much more isolated because a lot of the people that had that same righteous anger and fear and hope have now turned into people patting me on the head and telling me that actually $1400 is exactly what was promised and hey $15 minimum wage in 5 years and “man looking back on it, I think people were right and Biden was the right choice”.

Honestly like, I get why a lot of people are put off by some of the aggressive lefty posters here, but for me personally it is very comforting to feel like I’m not the only person looking around and feeling that way. I don’t even know if I’m right about the things I believe, but I know for a fact that I’m in for 4-8 years of having those beliefs completely ignored, and then probably 4-8 years of a Republican who will make things 10x worse, before maybe getting my hopes up again for a few months that we can do better. It’s just fucking depressing, and I’ve got 50 more years of this if I’m lucky!

31 Likes

What if I told you you can feel that way (I do) and not be an aggressive jerk to others about it?

You’re not wrong, I just disagree about that one point.

Join WAAF btw, it’s got room for more

1 Like

to people saying this is dying, I have said it elsewhere but it may have been lost in the garbage threads, but in the last year we have doubled in size (daily active users).

I don’t think the place is dying, I think it’s going through growing pains.

10 Likes

@BestOf for articulating how I feel much better than I can. I feel like I’ve disengaged from the political threads quite a bit and instead spend my time speculating about meme stocks because it’s easier to just avoid everything than to feel frustrated.

I also think the drama that spills over into threads is another reason why I tune out. Everyone shitting on Victoar and watevs every time they enter a thread and those two trolling back, other stupid feuds that I don’t even know the genesis of, it’s too much for me.

5 Likes

Lol, is that a joke? He’s got another good 20 years till he hits the median age.

5 Likes

I’m kind of on board with this.

I woke up this morning, read this thread, and a thought popped in my head that if the Dems can’t manage to pass some super popular legislation while they hold all 3 branches of government, I might just throw in the towel and start voting for republicans because at least I might get a fucking tax cut out of it.

Fuck you Dems. I’m willing to pay more tax to make the country a better place and you guys can’t manage to pass legislation that like 70% of the population thinks is good? Fuck you!

1 Like

This senator was born 14 years before the first tv network! Before antibiotics were invented! Let that sink in.

It’s also super irritating that it’s going to be over 2 months between Democrats taking control and delivering ANY economic help.

I know there are reasons, but man, just imagine if the GOP was in charge. Say what you want, they actually do what they say they will.

I’ve been tired of “losing”, even when we “win”, for decades.

I can see the appeal of the Trump train, at least from a “signing a bunch of EOs and (maybe) getting shit done”, and also judges and tax cuts and shit.

With the Dems I feel like I might, maybe, get some relief money (not that important to me), and definitely won’t get M4A. Maybe, might, get some help on the social front for minority groups. But not too much.

It all just sucks.

I think I posted something like this a year or two ago about getting tired of being on the losing team for so fucking long.

Hoooooooollllllllllllllllllllll up, is that MITT ROMNEY’S MUSIC?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1357358253278064642

13 Likes

As I said before this is a big reason I really liked the vaccine money and checks idea. Get it out the door asap and free up a ton of room to do more stuff in the reconciliation bill. If not then you have Republicans voting no on two super, super popular things in a clean bill.

Trump promised healthcare, cheaper drug prices, a wall and a ton of other crap. He delivered a tax cut to the wealthy and a few 100 miles of wall.

1 Like

1 Like

This thread is some hellacious doom and gloom. It’s been 2 weeks, including a lot of Mitch’s stalling BS due to 50/50.

IMO everyone should just take a deep breath and see what actually gets passed before totally freaking out.

We’re in the phase now where the star player and team are negotiating through the media and scaring the crap out of everyone.

7 Likes

lol that’s real!

1 Like