The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

The latest episode of The Weeds discusses child trafficking and stranger abduction as a moral panic with limited basis in reality. Conservatives eat that kind of stuff up because it gives them the moral high ground and it’s hard to deflate it with statements like “I’m not against child sex trafficking” for obvious reasons.

Citizens United is an abomination but massive lol at “they suck at questioning because they have to spend their time fundraising.” I have a full time job and I could have done a better job than almost all of them with zero preparation. Not to mention you can have your staff write the questions and brief you. Congresspeople suck.

4 Likes

That’s useless without any melee!

1 Like

Pennsyltucky gets to vote, that’s why.

Snap call Barr. Gaetz is a nothing, Barr actually has power to FUBAR the country.

6 Likes

Hey doctor lady, don’t blame me. I voted for Kodos.

2 Likes

No no no. They suck at questioning because the people giving them the big bucks don’t want them out there stirring shit up. They are being very well compensated to suck at questioning. Like, it’d be like wondering why MLB short stops suck at playing piano. Because they’re being paid millions to hit, catch and throw a baseball.

1 Like

Logically I agree of course. But if you factor in punchability…

It’s this. They suck for the same reason the reporters at the WH briefings suck at asking questions. If they didn’t there would be no one willing to pay them to be there.

It’s also one reason why someone like AOC doesn’t suck at it, she is beholden to no one.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with this. I don’t think Jerry Nadler is corrupt. He’s just a fucking moron.

4 Likes

There are some who just aren’t good, but it’s not necessarily about being intentionally corrupt. It’s about being beholden to the power structure and/or a true believer in the establishment.

It isn’t really about being corrupt in a legal sense. It is more about our post-Citizens United system. Very few of these corpulent losers could get elected without their corporate donors and the support of the party establishment. Add in the party establishment being fully beholden to the corporate donors now so it is one and the same.

The result is a congress full of Dems terrified of stepping on the toes of their corporate masters.

2 Likes

Graffiti in Brooklyn

24 Likes

Dick seems a little big for Mushroom Man, but besides that perfect.

2 Likes

I would have also appreciated a bowtie on the middle guy. Err wait, did an image search, when did the Tuckster switch to normal ties? All the top results have normal ties, same perpetually constipated face though.

2 Likes

Local news doofus mails 100 letters to himself. Gets 97 within a week. Conclusion: 3% of mail-in voters will be disenfranchised. #SCIENCE

1 Like

Lolol didn’t even notice that

I don’t buy this. Most of them are from heavily gerrymandered districts. They’re not worried about losing their seats, and if they are the only threat is from the left in a primary. They are not intentionally serving corporate masters, they’re just not very smart, and are wholly unprepared for this once in a generation moment.

Separately, what corporate donor really cares if they effectively question Barr about Stone/Flynn/Manafort/Cohen? Corporations DGAF about that stuff.

3 Likes

So, what you are saying is that they truly represent America…