The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/1166532988965916672?s=19

https://twitter.com/NathanHRubin/status/1166451654218125312?s=19

Iā€™m not getting tripped up by anything. Iā€™m not disputing that the narrowest construal of the mandate may be that stableā€™s finances were not relevant unless there were screaming crimes related to them and the hacking. In that case, either worst mandate in history, so fuck Rosenstein, or, fuck the caravan of law-adjacent pundits who failed to make it clear that Uncle Mueller was never going examine the most important counter-intelligence questions of the saga, like why is stable functionally indistinguishable from an agent of Russia?

Of course I didnā€™t read the report (except for tiny bits here and there), I only did the part where I followed ~1000 hours of news over the last two years.

(SMRK4 clears schedule)
Why, did you read it?

Trump is explicitly encouraging illegal activity within the government, Volume 2894. Canā€™t wait to see how concerned Pelosi and Schumer are about these obviously impeachable acts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/take-the-land-president-trump-wants-a-border-wall-he-wants-it-black-and-he-wants-it-by-election-day/2019/08/27/37b80018-c821-11e9-a4f3-c081a126de70_story.html

This is the correct assessment. I think Rosenstein only opened the investigation because of his ego being hurt by being the fall guy on Comey. But then he came to his senses and decided to make it seem like a by the book thing giving a super narrow mandate.

During the last month or so before the Mueller report McCabe was doing a book tour, and based on how Rosenstein had been, it looked like McCabe lacked credibility. Once the Barr report dropped, it became very clear that Rosenstein was the one who lacked credibility.

Keep in mind that during the investigation, Rosenstein repeatedly told Trump he wasnā€™t under investigation, and yet Trump kept butting in and ranting like a teething baby on Twitter. The Mueller report pretty much proved that Trump wasnā€™t under investigation in Volume I, and even under the obstruction part they were trying very hard to clear him. The whole investigation was conducted to clear Trump, not get him, and the fact they couldnā€™t is the most damning thing of all.

Again, the counterintelligence stuff went to the FBI, and those cases are ongoing. The fact that Trump, Jr. and Kushner appear to have completely skated in the Mueller report suggests that both are under other active investigations. Even Trump, Jr. thought he was going to be indicted.

And yes, I read it. Volume I reads like a spy novel. Volume II reads like President Crimes. If you can spend the time to watch a bunch of TV about it, you can probably spend the week or so it would take you to read it. 11 of the 13 Democratic members of the Intelligence Committee are on the record in support of starting an official impeachment inquiry (one is the Chair, and heā€™s for sure in favor of that happening and says it is already anyway). The full Intelligence Committee Democrats and the Judiciary Committee head, Nadler, have read the unredacted report.

Iā€™ve seen three separate people on the Intelligence Committee, when speaking of impeachment, say nothing more than the unredacted report ā€˜really connects the dotsā€™, and the fact that they know what the referred cases are really helps them with that. They canā€™t go beyond that, but itā€™s clear the unredacted material makes it seem slightly more urgent.

How did Nunes skate on this? The answer is hopefully that he hasnā€™t, but good olā€™ Barr is the head of the DOJ and you can guess how that will go.

1 Like

Then itā€™s obviously going nowhere. Trump got what he needed in Barr.

Good post, let me just cliffs it because damn you think and write fast.

I didnā€™t read the report because by the time it came out I knew I wasnā€™t going to find what I wanted in it i.e. bombshell stuff about his corruption and the extent of him being comprised, and I didnā€™t need to read the obstruction volume because I had seen him obstruct justice in real time dozens of times; I appreciate that it has to be presented in legalese but there was no more truth in it than what I had already known.

If there is stuff in the redacted report that connects dots, forgive me if Iā€™m skeptical (although weary is a better word), but now itā€™s the Democrats job to get it out there.

Seems like the touchscreen is out of alignment with the underlying interface. Iā€™ll bet if he touched near the third choice, heā€™d get the second one selected like he wants.

Obviously completely unacceptable in a voting system, but more likely to be an old, poorly maintained and uncalibrated machine than a deliberate ā€œonly republican votes are countedā€ situation imo.

The unredacted report is classified. Weā€™re not ever going to see whatā€™s in it. Itā€™s up to the House to make the case to the public without saying anything that compromises the unredacted report.

Volume I is so worth reading, even redacted, for how stupid and clownshoes the people working for the campaign were. These people were trying so hard to break the law, and the Russians were like ā€˜nah, these people are idiotsā€™, ā€˜this person isnā€™t really in the inner circleā€™, ā€˜I donā€™t trust that personā€™, ā€˜that person insulted meā€™, or Cohen thinks a super important guy is some Olympic weightlifter because heā€™s an idiot and on and on and on. If the investigation were going on with whatā€™s in the White House right now, they would probably have at least a dozen or more people arrested, because they are all willing and able to do what Trump couldnā€™t get the others to do. Mueller made it very clear if any of the people had acted on what Trump wanted that they would have been arrested for obstruction.

The main thing to take away from Volume I is that if the media hadnā€™t reported what they had, a lot of really bad things would have happened. Many conspiracies were stopped specifically because of reporting about them and the attention that gave the people involved.

I donā€™t think youā€™ll be disappointed with reading Volume I, as it will let you know what weā€™re up against and how much worse 2020ā€™s election is going to be because of the Senateā€™s inaction on election security and rampant voter suppression across the country.

The people running the show right now are evil, and if Trump isnā€™t impeached (even not convicted) it will tell anyone running for Congress or President that you are above the law, and open corruption and cheating is fine. The last thing we want is a ā€˜smartā€™ and ā€˜competentā€™ Trump who is even more openly and brazenly corrupt. The House has to send a message, and I wonā€™t vote in the primary for any candidate who isnā€™t strong on this. Has Joe even come out on the record about this?

2 Likes

Whatā€™s wild is they canā€™t contain themselves. Itā€™s not like you or I; being a career politician means being an amateur thespian. This is like watching SNL and every second of every scene has the actors on the verge of breaking into laughter.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1166672386214772736
( twitter | raw text )

1 Like

Now do Bari Weiss

1 Like

I agree. About a year into his presidency I briefly dated a girl who was in charge of catering or some such at Mar-a-Lago, she said they were struggling to find events to book, etc. I canā€™t imagine it has gotten any better. Only question is whether Trump can force enough government money into his properties to offset the losses elsewhere.

So your spouting the BS that BS was BSā€™s about and its all BSā€™s fault Oh and BS had A melt down on MSM so you BS him some more. Good job BS man.

Itā€™s all BS.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1166683442098163712
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1166685686105329664
( twitter | raw text )

What a leader.

You can tell he views the existence of Puerto Rico as an annoyanceā€“goddammit these sub-human browns are at it again with their fucking hurricanes!

3 Likes

That wouldnā€™t be all bad. The south Florida real estate market is was too high, could Do it some good to have tons of these empty condos seized and auctioned off.

1 Like

Completely lacking any class, as usual.

Surprised not to see Individual 1 denying he needed cosigners for his loans.