The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Disagree. He’s been neutered on social media. Has he had any public remarks since 1/20? A large part of running for POTUS is an accommodating media.

Agree.

Hopefully he dies.

Easy win for the nomination. He has a lock on 30-40% in every single state. There will be 10+ competitors with lots of variation in where they are popular.

No accomodating media? Ok, maybe he won’t get 80% of the Republican vote in 2024.

2 Likes

I really would love if someone tapped all of republicans in Congress communications just to hear or read the type of shit they say. Could you imagine?

It’ll be funny when he has supporters filing papers for his candidacy in the belief that he is not really dead and that he will make a grand appearance before the first primary debate the Iowa caucuses the New Hampshire primary Super Tuesday the Republican National Convention Election Tuesday.

5 Likes

Is there a market for a series of books that can be described as Game of Thrones in space, featuring scenes such as the gruesome dead of Galactic Senator Red C’tuz?

Don’t underestimate the capability of the Trump crowd to pivot to something else. Four years before 2016, Mitt Romney was the nominee, the hard right were cosplaying as libertarians, and only libtards dared criticise the Iraq War or NAFTA. Granted that the enthusiasm for Trump is a bit more mask-off and libidinal than the enthusiasm for Ron Paul, but I could definitely see him being old hat in four years’ time, regardless of how hard that is to imagine now.

3 Likes

Trump is the obv favorite, but trump vs field? Who would you take?

Marjorie Taylor Greene fits all the constitutional requirements to be president.

Field by a mile. Trump is +660 to be nominee on Betfair at the moment.

The two next contenders are a combined 0% to be the nominee imo.

Edit: I’m sure Trump will shorten if he survives getting barred from running again, but it’ll still be field by a mile.

1 Like

Yeah Gina Carano is more likely to be the next nominee than Haley or Pence

In which I discovered the Castor in this trial is not the same Castor from the previous trial. But it is his cousin!

1 Like

If Trump is healthy and runs again who actually runs against him? Surely can’t be one of the people kissing his ass. Would they really risk it. Risk being on the debate stage with him.

Romney?

No way. There was never enthusiasm for Romney. Just ok enough for everyone. Some 20 somethings on the internet liked Ron Paul.

One day about a mile long parade of trucks with Trump flags drove through Manhattan Beach. He’s in another league. He will not be forgotten.

@NotBruceZ can you please stop with the constant not-so-veiled threats of political dragon violence?

1 Like

He’s got like a 25% chance of dying before then, probably 50% of serious health condition or much worse dementia. If he’s about the same health and not in prison and decides to run in 2024 he’s a favorite, but he has some odds to overcome to get there.

1 Like

Tucker Carlson could run competitively in an anti-Trump MAGA lane. He’s shameless enough to do it, he would just need to convince himself that Trump couldn’t beat the Ds again.

But especially if Trump chooses not to run, would he be willing to give up his comfort and 8 figure salary for the, um, “nationalist” project that Trump started?

1 Like

I’m honestly kind of impressed that the shittiest argument ever of like oh this is unconstitutional and the process is flawed so republicans have to vote no on principle is actually going to work on people. Like oh ya if only the Democrats had followed the rules here we would have voted to convict but we gotta let him skate on a technicality, even though we’re the people in charge of the whole fucking country and could change the constitution or pass any law we wanted.

Mike Lee is to common sense what a sledgehammer is to a precision timepiece.