The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Curious to how a headline can be taken out of context.

3 Likes

If the lawyer’s claim is correct then the headline was deceptively edited in a way that makes it look like "Meghan’s seed will taint our Royal Family” is the daily mail speaking instead of quoting somebody else.

1 Like

I get that - a headline being edited etc - in this case they did leave the quotes in by the look of it but left off the second half.

What I was puzzled by was that if a headline is unedited can it ever be “out of context”?

Either way the Daily Mail can go fuck themselves for writing clickbait “headlines” in the first place - awful rag that the world would be better off without.

2 Likes

I don’t think that most people would consider showing only part of something to be editing.

Anything that changes context is editing imo. Even a direct (partial) quote can be significantly different in meaning with full context.

6 Likes

@BestOf

Submitting the 1st youtube vid :grinning:

1 Like

Shudders hundreds of new posts in the Trump thread.

Opens Thread All about the British Royal Family for some reason.

4 Likes

I’m getting the sense Daily Mail is not considered a reliable source.

1 Like

I am sure the daily mail has never partially quoted anyone.

Seems like their case is nonsense.

1 Like

Except only using part of a quote is a daily tool of media. Representing that might mean something more or less than it does is the livelihood of a place like the DM.

Their argument is to quote someone requires you to list the whole quote and all surrounding context is hypocritical and absurd.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1370775408916975622

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nadine_Writes/status/1370677878145363970

3 Likes

Maybe Oprah should not stoop down to the level of the Daily Mail.

Perhaps, but that’s not a question for a lawsuit.

There’s a middle ground for sure.

So basically this became the low content lets discuss scumbags thread, no longer specific to Trump? I’m cool with that, maybe time for a title change though?

Well they should be at least Trumpian with Trump adjacent behavior. Racist Ron Johnson, etc. ??

Holy shit , I had no idea Bill Hicks was this awesome. He would have wrecked Trump if he was still alive.

7 Likes
  1. So brutal
1 Like

Bill Hicks GOAT

3 Likes