The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Trump will get a boatload of coverage if he has an opponent in the primaries. No opponent = not much coverage during that period. Trump is 1-1 in the general when he had to win the Republican nomination and 0-1 when the nomination was given to him.

William Weld?

Trump did have to beat him in 2020.

I mean a serious challenge.

Yeah, I’m just busting your balls.

I think that there is definitely something to your theory. Here’s the thing, no one is going to want to be the guy that goes up against Trump and gets the Jeb treatment. That dooms their political future. But at the same time you can’t throw up a Weld.

So, the best solution is that someone “serious” has to take one for the team and go up against Trump. Trump will shit all over them and they will have to get something in return. And it likely can’t be VP. Anyone who goes through a primary with Trump and comes out on good enough terms that Trump would have him as a running mate, was not “serious” enough to get the kind of media attention that is best for Trump.

i mean, giving him credit right now for saying one thing that he should have been saying for 14 months already (since phase 3’s started), is the hot take. not only is he at the tail end of when it would matter, but it also gives a pass to him spreading misinformation for the last 22 months.

1 Like

You have to use the media to build up purely personal issues so that someone semi-credible decides to take a swing at Trump in the primaries purely out of spite.

Someone who is a stubborn, libertarian dick could be compelled to go after Trump if you find the right wedge.

I ain’t watching Florida man if I don’t have to, so can someone tell me if he as acknowledged that he has been boosted?

But in this alternative reality you and your kind come around relatively soon and in the mean time boatloads of MAGAtards are masking and vaxxing. Once we’re a year into the whole thing it’s nearly a lock that there would be reduced spread as a result of more people vaxxing, masking, etc. That probably saves more dems than you lose from the initial hesitancy.

1 Like

He definitely did in that rally or whatever with Bill O’Reilly.

After all the indictments come down Trump will be way too toxic to win a primary!

I know this is a piss take but I do think trump would be like 50/50 at worst running from prison.

2 Likes

He was certainly touting the vaccines at the end of his term. I agree he should have been all over TV and social media promoting the vaccines after he left office. Although this isn’t the first time he’s promoted the vaccines, for example he said people should get them at one of his rallies in August.

1 Like

Yes

That is the reason for the latest Garrison.

didn’t tout vaccines enough to make a photo-op of receiving the jab. was going on about therapeutics that were coming. he was much more concerned with his coup than anything involved with vaccine rollout. in fact, didn’t even purchase enough doses for the entire country when he had the chance.

1 Like

That would make him a hero, like Nelson Mandela but even better!

1 Like

Trump is not going to let anyone talk shit about him on the R ticket. If someone slights him just a little bit he will go for their throat. Could be crazy. This vaccine thing might be the spark.

I nominate Rand Paul. As long as it comes with his resignation from his Senate seat.

I would even chear for Trump here just a little.

67 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: The Dirty Dozen