The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

It may be that there are no White House “targets” yet because the investigation hasn’t really started.

It seems like the DOJ has “over 50 digital media devices” that were seized as part of some unrelated search warrants, and while reviewing them the “filter team” uncovered this “bribery-for-pardons” plot.

Now that the contents have been found to be “not covered by attorney-client or other privilege” they can be reviewed by the “investigative team” who can then “use any such communications to confront subjects and targets of this investigation.”

It would be nice to know what the original search warrants were all about, but there’s like 10 pages (the entire “background” section) that are completely redacted.

Finally, the two “lobbyists” as well as the pardon recipient all have very short last names:

shorties

2 Likes

Super cool that basically every court document in America is publicly accessible other than the exact documents the public has the biggest need to have access to, you know, the ones implicating the highest government officials with the most serious criminal activity. LOL LAW, ALWAYS

9 Likes

Well yeah, but Lincoln was a Republican…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1334167828035989506
( twitter | raw text )

We got him!

5 Likes

Is it really that stupid, though? I’m speaking specifically from Trump’s point of view. He’s basically free rolling a chance to install himself as head of a new authoritarian regime in charge of the wealthiest, most powerful country in the world. Like, he’s going to face no consequences for this attempt, and there probably is a small percentage chance it could actually work. His expectation is massive, I’d think. I guess he might be stupid for not pushing harder or being more savvy in his execution, but I think the harder you push, the more risk you face of undesirable consequences from failure. It’s terrifying, really.

8 Likes

Right. In most countries the cost of trying this shit is life in prison or death. Pretty decent deterrent.

Trump gets to just run around trying to overthrow the government in perpetuity with absolutely no credible threat of consequences.

13 Likes

Even in it’s failure it has a TON of benefits. He never has to admit he lost, and more importantly his popularity never takes the hit of him losing. Everyone who supports him will just say it was rigged. He also consolidates his firm control over the entire republican party, gets to flex his power over them by swatting down people like Kemp etc to show them its his party now and the whole party needs to grovel to him for the rest of his life. This is all massively +ev for Trump.

None of that is strategy, this is all about ego to him and probably delusion that he actually thinks he won, but he runs like god so he gets all these benefits anyways.

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1334174044984401920
( twitter | raw text )

If you were a conspiracy theorist you would think the best think the Republican deep state could do was to take Trump out and stage it to look like it was democrats. You don’t even need to really make it believable, just enough so that the right wing media hammers it so and you’re golden.

Trump controlling the party from the outside is going to be super rough for these dudes used to having a ton of power, plus he’d be worth way more dead than alive. You could get even more turnout plus not have to deal with his insanity to get it.

1 Like

Damnit, the establishment got to him lol.

Donald Trump is campaigning harder for these Senate seats than Joe Biden.

Burn it all down.

17 Likes

For real we need to get theses dipshits out of power after 2022. I mean we can’t get Biden out but we can send a message to the house and senate and DNC leaders that we’re not gonna just mindlessly vote for these idiots anymore.

If they get absolutely swamped in 2022… heads will HAVE to roll right? Right…

I think we need a big voting block of progressives and smart centrists making it clear this is why we’re not voting in the midterms. Not for progressive leaders but competent ones.

I don’t feel for them. I guess you are really meaning their families who also get get caught up but, shrug, collateral damage and all that. I’m with Riverman, fuck these people.

I mean in fairness to Biden, he’s working hard because he’s about to inherit a pandemic ravaged economy. Trump just tweets on the shitter and calls it a day.

10 Likes

People forget that!

5 Likes

“Reflects the serious nature of the evidence” lol?

Is this woman an actual CBS reporter or an OANN slappie who put “CBS” in her handle?

He has underlings for that. Seriously Joe doesn’t know shit about pandemics, just had everything off to the competent people below you.

Winning the GA runoffs will do way more for the pandemic than Joe getting his name involved in all these meetings and shit. Good luck trying to do anything related to the pandemic with Mitch running the fucking senate

4 Likes

Thats fine, doesn’t matter does it? Now work with them or always lose elections like this and never gain power again and maybe end up in jail under the next GOP dictator. or publicly executed.

I feel most importantly if democrats get crushed in 2022, then the voters will start to demand more which is what really matters. I’m sure 100 millionaire Nancy is fine running defense for the rest of her life never risking her fortune to radical policies that actually help people but voters won’t be.

While this is true, there is no higher ROI than investing in the senate races.

3 Likes