The 2024 Hurricane Season - Helene Heading to FLA Panhandle

Redacted for privacy.

When’s jazz fest? I’ve been wanting to see more jazz there and barely done any. I spent a few hours on Frenchman Street one night and saw a jazz show in one of the bars there and it was awesome.

IDK man but every time I moved he ended up behind me like my security guard. So, I told the bartenders that he was scaring me and I didn’t feel safe and wanted out of there somehow without him being involved. This is literally what happened man. Once I saw the bus of prostitutes walk in though, dude, he ran that whole shit. They were smiling at him while working other dudes and shit.

So, they “called me a taxi”. Somehow, his prostitute got to ride in it too even though I was going to Beaches alone and then she tried her hardest to get inside Beaches grounds with me too but the security guards were hip to that shit and told her to fuck off. Thank god for video cameras?

1 Like

Sounds like he figured out you might have money/valuables since you talked about your business, and he wanted the girl to go back to your room and rob you.

He definitely had me targeted and I had no way out. Seeing a bus of prostitutes walk in to work the crowd working for the rasta broke guy who was sharing a joint…oh shit. I did realize it pretty fast though. The taxi being involved. I felt like I might be kidnapped in that place. The ride home wasn’t so bad because it was a prostitute and a fat taxi driver so I could have stomped them both. If that dude decided to fuck with me in that bar though he would have no issues doing so. It wasn’t busy and even if it was it could work better for him.

Also, if you have a bus of prostitutes you don’t just weirdly end up stalking one guy behind him the whole time.

1 Like

Right like all the prostitutes wouldn’t worry me or him talking to me wouldn’t worry me, but the continued stalking would. Not sure how I’d play it, you’re in a bad spot once the taxi driver is in on it too. At that point I think the goal has to be to get back into your resort/hotel and not go up to your room until she gives up, no matter what.

Yeah bro, I just wanted to get to the Beaches property like it was a US Embassy. The guards there did tell them to fuck off and shit like they weren’t legit. I feel like a yuppie but no way I would have Rambo’d myself out of that if shit went down.

I met a kingpin of that Jamaica beach that night. No doubt. He wouldn’t have been allowed to run girls through there without a huge agreement.

2 Likes

Damn, thread got good last night. Anyway, this thing shifted juuuuuuuuust a bit west so I’m holding out hope it can keep drifting. Not much though.

Anyway, New Orleans is much safer than any old Boomer would let on. However, following randoms from Bourbon to another location to get drugs or having multiple hookers from Bourbon into your room are two tales as old as time here. You’re gonna get robbed.

3 Likes

Cancun taking a direct cat 5 hit seems really bad. The entire area is extremely low lying and large storm surge would be catastrophic. Hopefully people have evacuated.

Yeah I have some pretty fond memories of my trip to Isla Mujeres, but that place is going to take a beating unfortunately.

Gotta say though, feel bad for Lake Charles if that latest Euro becomes reality:

What’s the forecast strength at landfall?

For cancun a 4/5, for the US a 2 or so. There is some cooler water in the gulf from previous storms that should help it dissipate some after it crosses over Mexico.

Are you saying a single hooker is safe? Asking for a friend.

Ugh I hope we help them out, I guess it’ll be up to individual states to do so.

Forecasted strength 4-5 days out has been terrible this summer, and not in a direction that helps. I have family that works in insurance around here too that basically laughs off the Cat 1-5 system because the most danger lies in water and storm surge. If something sits in the Gulf as a Cat 4 for a few days, it’s going to be pushing something closer to Cat 4 water even if the wind is only Cat 1 at landfall.

Well, safer I suppose. Watch your drink!

For a few years now I feel like you can generally add 1.5 cats of wind strength to the forecast 3-5 days out. The models seem to be missing quite a bit of rapid intensification.

Our boay Cantore said a bit ago he’s expecting a Cat 4 to hit Yucatán fwiw