The 2024 Hurricane Season - Helene Heading to FLA Panhandle

There’s also wars and genocides going on RIGHT NOW!

2 Likes

I try to use people’s names as much as I can at my poker table and always ask if I am pronouncing it correctly if it’s not obvious. The other day I had a hispanic guy named “Jorge”. I pronounced it “whore-hey” without question and he goes “my names George”.

Lol me.

3 Likes

You’re gonna be in trouble when you run into Jesus.

1 Like

Jesus was funny especially in light of this post from….

1 Like

That’s not nearly as much of a bastardization as Puhnt-uh.

That was tongue in cheek of course, I obviously started this whole derail

1 Like

Well there’s not much I can do from the Philly area other than watch the disaster, discuss climate change, argue over the morality of saying fuck the climate deniers, and debate the pronuncuation of Punta Gordo.

In a day or two we can probably find some worthy places to donate to locals who are truly in need there. Until then…

1 Like

That one sailed right over my head.

Also they should rename it Gringo Gordo.

2 Likes

Then you don’t know how to “properly” pronounce it by your own rules.

Hay-Zeus Fucking Christ!

2 Likes

jesus

6 Likes

haha nice

3 Likes

3 Likes

well, seems like the storm just passed central Florida, where I’m at. never lost power at my house. I know I have some fallen branches in my yard, but I think that’s the worst of it, really.

my mom had a similar story at her house in Sarasota.

25 Likes

And roofers.

Ioooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

There’s a little community near me called Rio. It’s Ry’-oh. Update from the Treasure Coast. Weirdest hurriccane ever. I got virtually no rain at my house. Brisk winds, but not too bad. Power out for about 8 hours overnnight, but now it’s back. Storm kind of curved around my area. So lucky. Maybe poker tomorrow.

6 Likes

According to Weather Channel as reported to ABC by Lee County Sheriff’s Office, fatalities are “in the hundreds”.

Doesn’t surprise me.