The 2024 Hurricane Season - Helene Heading to FLA Panhandle

Hurricane season ends November 30th.

Next storm is building up and it seems it is hitting Central America again. Nobody will care because everyone is occupied with Corona.

Holy fuck there’s a Category 5 out there?

And it’s going to blast northeast Nicaragua (which just got hit by Eta)? Those poor people.

1 Like

Fixed for accuracy

Yeah, literally the worst storm of the season hitting an area very prone to mudslides and already saturated soil. Could be ugly.

I’m surprised the GOP hasn’t gotten angry that we use Hurricane Hunters to go into storms that don’t hit the US.

1 Like

Don’t tell them.

1 Like

With a low pressure area right behind it with a 40% chance of developing into another named storm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FlynonymousWX/status/1328433251023785985

Season 21 has started.

Atlantic hurricane season off the charts already

Elsa became the first hurricane of the 2021 tropical season on Friday morning, just one day after it became the fifth storm of the season – nearly two months ahead of the normal pace for the basin.

Usually, the first strong candidate for a tropical system from this area emerges during August rather than late June or early July.

Mrs. and I have a 10am flight tomorrow to Punta Cana, DR to escape the shit New England weather this weekend. Lmao.

4 Likes

It’s hurricane preparedness month. Definitely planning to stock up on some basics this year after the fiasco that was Sally. It turned out ok but losing power and water for ~1/2 week was quite the scare. Hopefully it’s a quiet year where I am.

FML. We faded a record season last year, gotta think the odds of doing that two big years in a row are really long.

Thanks Biden!

1 Like

Ida is coming. Expected to rapidly intensify now that it is back over the Gulf of Mexico.

So this Ida thing looks really, really bad even without Louisiana being a COVID hotspot.

Yeah this isn’t going to be good. Not sure what you do with the covid patients that you can’t move.

well, there was some really nasty shit that happened with Katrina… let’s hope they don’t get to that situation.

Friend just sent me this photo of her parents back yard. They live in the panhandle, of Florida: