RFC: Find a new admin

I thought mod and admin were the same thing until the last few posts, which coincidentally have convinced me I don’t want to be an admin either.

But I’m always here to to help with technical issues.

The idea was that mods get their hands dirty enforcing community standards while admins are out of the fray handling technical details that are hopefully without drama, but admins will still face personal animus even outside of things pertaining to administration.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t believe there have been many complaints about the admins in their role as admins. Maybe a small number? Both just seem to be disappointed in the bickering, drama, and general direction of the site. And lost the motivation to contribute to something they no longer believe in. I mean I guess ZZ or Jmakin can correct me if I’m wrong, but I feel like you are way off here.

Start with 1 month bans for morons who can’t stop creating drama. Then go to 6 month, then perma if they don’t stop. A few days isn’t going to do it.

There is zero excuse for these juvenile temper tantrums. If someone tilts you that bad just put them on ignore. If they’re really as bad as you say - then you’re arguing with a crazy person - which is on you.

I say all this as someone who used to have meltdowns on 2p2 on a semi-annual basis and haven’t been perfect on unstuck. I deserved every temp-ban I got on 2p2.

5 Likes

Some of the mods are just as responsible for some of the drama, and Jmakin was no angel either. Being a mod or admin shouldn’t insulate you from having your opinions challenged.

1 Like

Yes it should. Because no one else wants to be a mod and it’s a thankless job. IMO they should have the ban thread where no one can comment and that’s it. Don’t like it? Become a mod and do a better job or STFU.

All those mod threads are beyond the pale. I can’t believe the level of crap some otherwise fairly sane posters dump on the mods and each other.

4 Likes

We’ve been down the “nobody else wants to be a mod” road before. Not going to bother arguing other than pointing out what a load of BS it is.

I can start an RFC for you if you’d like.

Fakebro here to solve things after permanently leaving and still mad I called him out for {checks notes} leaving broken glass in national parks. I forgot about that shit when it happed fakebro.

1 Like

The fact that you say this, without irony, is a big problem.

I guess I won’t joke with you anymore, and I see you are hard at work ignoring the drama you profess to hate.

Looks like it’s time for me to check out again. glgl

If we find a new admin and I can be of help, lmk. I’m the one who set up most of what’s currently in place.

1 Like

What’s an RFC?

1 Like

Hard at work. Very hard. At work.

Request for comments. The beginning of the process for creating or changing rules, or adding mods.

Dude permabans and then comes back but just posts in the complaint section the whole time.

1 Like

No thanks. I have no interest in being a mod, mostly because I would be terrible at it.

OK

2 Likes

Not that it’s any of your business, but I’ve been posting in a bunch of threads.

tenor (1)