De-Mod Otatop

He’s clearly drunk with power and permabanning users to settle personal scores. (See his latest entry into the log of key moderator actions thread for more details.)

Jman is referring to a joke I made about rebanning jmakin because I didn’t allow the RFC procedure to play out that I deleted, but I undeleted it for the benefit of this thread.

Haha, such a funny joke to put in the log of key moderator actions that you were banning jmakin because you didn’t like a post I made. Hilarious. I’m sure Jmakin thought it was hysterical as well. I guess I will withdraw this RFC as moot.

1 Like

Otatop has been a fantastic mod over the last few years. This thread is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Lock now imo.

4 Likes

Had he re permabanned jmakin today unilaterally it wouldn’t be, and jman didn’t know it was a joke, so…

3 Likes

I haven’t been following along. Just supporting what I presume is a good person. Probably should have avoided posting but I’m in line for a beer and bored.

Yeah I mean fair enough. Otatop posted in the Log of Moderator Actions that he had permabanned jmakin due to jman’s request to follow RFC processes. As far as I know nobody’s ever made a joke entry in the log before, so taking that at face value seems reasonable. Now it’s been explained, and jman has withdrawn the RFC, so, fair enough.

1 Like

dog222

4 Likes

See, Otatop, now that’s actually funny.

snarl

7 Likes

I did not think it was very nice when I read it, but he explained very quickly that he was not serious and was making a point and I understand the point he was making

2 Likes

My post was less obviously a joke and I regret that jmakin may have been legitimately worried for a few minutes he was going to be banned again so I apologize for that.

2 Likes

It’s true. This is why so many Captains are currently permabanned from this site.

6 Likes