RFC: Adjusting the Rules as They Pertain to Moderator Terms and Rotation of Mods

Can’t win em all

I’m withdrawing this promise and withdrawing my support from rule 2 (rule 1 seems to make common sense regardless). If anyone wants to see these passed, they will need to carry them across the finish line in my place.

2 Likes

OK, I’ll do it.

6 Likes

Is this RFC good for a final vote then?

3 Likes

My understanding is that it is, and that the procedure is for one of the admins to create a binding-vote poll in a separate thread. @admin can that be done? I’d suggest putting both polls in the same thread if that’s deemed acceptable, seems less cluttered than separate ones, but if separate seems clearer or something, that’s fine too.

2 Likes

@spidercrab @anon46587892, your admin powers are requested.

1 Like

Ok, I think everything has gone according to the process laid out here:

I’m creating a new thread with a yes/no poll for each of the 2 proposed rules, and will make it a banner. My reading of the linked post is that the poll will be open for 7 days, and the proposed rules will pass with 60% of votes.

Let me know if there’s any objection or I’ve misread anything. (Adminning after beers is probably not a good idea.)

4 Likes

Thanks. Looks good.

FYI, since this passed, a thread should have gone up today requesting volunteers to be a mod for a 6 month term starting 9/1/21.

Marty volunteered. And did we have any more left over on the reserve list from before?

1 Like

It has to follow the process outlined to be an actual nomination. I’ll do it this first time, but probably messed up by not assigning this task.

We got a batch of fresh mods for the 6th month term starting 9/1 - correct? Or are there overlapping terms?

Overlapping terms since they started in the interim. Their terms will end on 3/1/22 along with anyone appointed through the current process.

Why did I make myself forum parliamentarian?