Request for Comments: Selecting Moderators

I would argue that the proposal up for a vote is just about the simplest system of picking mods that is also community driven that one could come up with, and that voting yes for it is most definitely a vote against keeping this whole thing going with additional complexity and complication, so I would think about switching to yes.

I think the goal was to eliminate drama and ease the moderator’s burden of not knowing which decisions were ok to make or not. Yes, it is likely overcomplicated, but I think it is achieving both ends.

I also will probably vote against this becoming more complicated unless it is necessary.

But hey, we already bootstrapped a process that elected a moderator by the rules we voted and agreed upon - I think that’s not nothing. And in the event we grow, these rules will become more necessary.

2 Likes

Because the proposed text followed ratified procedure and met the standards to go before a community vote, and because no one put forth any alternative that showed greater popularity.

It’s a new vote to adopt the rule, rather than on the wording of the rule. It has its own thread:

That may just be an error on jmakin’s part. I’m sure his intent was to link to the main vote thread.

Click the thing that says “vote here” it’ll take you to the right thread. You clicked on the poll link.