Moderation

I’m probably ignored by 4-5 people lol.

I don’t think the list should be public.

4 Likes

You’re right. Just imagine the sheer indignity of trying your hardest to be the shittest poster on a tiny internet politics forum, and failing.

1 Like

Would a forum games sub be premature? Feels like sundry chitchat is getting a little crowded.

3 Likes

We’re turning into Unstuck POGlitics.

5 Likes

Back to the actual topic at hand, we did manage to vote on and ratify some rules, including:

These rules should be lightly enforced, seldom needed and are up to the moderators to enforce using their judgment. This is a community that welcomes others to join and participate in good faith. We prefer that the bulk of moderation comes first from the individual posters exercising good judgment, second from the community at large, and as a last resort through moderator action. If you find the following difficult to understand or abide by, then this forum is probably not the place for you.

We seem to have reached the limits of good judgment and community moderation, so I don’t think it would be over the line for a mod to do something more severe.

No personal attacks. Many subjects we discuss here are sensitive and passions will run high, but when a debate turns into a personal argument it is not good for anyone.

Calling individual posters “dumb” or “scum” or “idiot” or “scumbag” or “bitch” or “gaslighting asshole” certainly seems to violate this rule, which brings us back to the first bit I quoted.

I guess we should have sorted out moderator actions and such but we can go by the NBZ precedent and start with a 1 day ban at least.

4 Likes

I’m stuck at the tier of posting too much so people don’t like me but not enough to get people to ignore me.

1 Like

I gotta be up there.

I’m working on ego-dissolution through psychedelic drug intake, though, so I’ll see you on the other side of that 4 month hiatus

1 Like

I have literally a dozen people blocked and you’re not one of them.

1 Like

Would be 18 if I could remember how to ignore.

Only two possibilities for second, nun or keedwald.

nun’s gotta be second. The only reason he’s not first is anachronistic. That dude is the best argument for a perma on this site.

I’ve blocked one person, and it’s him. lol

In fairness you decided to block threads instead of people. If you were going to ban people for annoying you you’d have to block most of the forum.

eh, the muting threads wasn’t so much because I was annoyed, more because i realized I was spending too much time on them that I could be using elsewhere. I love to argue, but right now I’m too fucking busy. I might unmute them after March 3rd.

2 Likes

Fair enough lol.

Well, maybe March 4th. I might need to sleep for a whole day…

1 Like

2 Likes

“problem posters”

3 Likes

Gonna be that guy.

I don’t think there should be a thread dedicated to what we think of as a bad poster. It makes us look cliquey and judgmental. If we’re trying to attract new members, this is the last thing they need to see.

Plus, this is is the internet. Shame does shit here. It only results in a more aggressive response from the target.

Ultimately, I trust admins to make the right decisions in private.

1 Like

I don’t, because with rolling mods (in theory) we can’t be sure.

I get your point and I’m also bothered about how we come off to potential new posters, which is why I want the place fumigated of pests periodically.

Also ggoreo made a good decision to post examples at the top of the sort of trash talking under discussion.