Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

What other faction

AFAICT there’s exactly two factions, and the one that coalesced behind biden did so literally to prevent the other from having any representation in the White House, because that’s how hostile they are towards the other faction no matter how many times the other faction shows up to support them in the general elections

4 Likes

Any faction that supported a different candidate in the 2020 primaries.

Like you’re talking about political savvy, when that’s as ridiculous as ignoring geography and natural resources when saying the USA rose to global power due to the merit of its style of governance

The faction you’re saying didn’t have enough savvy, could very well have 100x the savvy of the biden faction despite the result it got, DUCY

Here is my scheme : Biden goes and gets a dementia diagnosis or any other medical diagnosis requiring him to step down immediately. Harris becomes president, gets all the photo ops and I assume a fat pension but just be focusing on running the country while whoever has best chance actually winning campaigns

1 Like

Cool cool cool

1 Like

Harris is wealthy for life either way, and would never agree to not run.

Her not running when biden resigns the Presidency may very well be negative EV for the Dems despite people not liking her

It’s really just a self-made rock and hard place for the Dems, that everyone warned them of

1 Like

Also from what I’m reading they can just give the campaign war chest to DNC? So a new candidate wouldn’t have to start over on fundraising, and if it was Kamala she would already have access

Shut up. You like medical science and you don’t like teenage suicide. We don’t all get what we like

No faction in the Democratic Party seems particularly competent.

Trump doesn’t even have a VP pick yet, but I have a feeling these scenarios will pick up even more steam if Harris crushes the VP debate. Maybe even enough for people to see her as the presumptive POTUS regardless of Biden.

1 Like

I wonder who is likely to pickup more voters undecided, the guy everyone knows or someone new?

1 Like

Do people think Gavin Newsome is less fit for office than a dude they think has dementia? Probably

Hopefully she’s taken lessons on how to be more personable than this

3 Likes

How do you come away with this take when they wouldn’t even allow a primary debate to happen?

So would it help or hurt Biden’s chances if they conceded the age issue but started playing up the fact that he’s got Harris and a good staff?

1 Like

Put out a candidate who can poll well enough and there’d be a debate. Nobody who was denied a debate stage deserved that spotlight.

I don’t think they need to concede the age issue. It’s already been discussed ad nauseum. I would take the Don Draper advice that if you don’t like what people are talking about, change the conversation. But in this case do what you suggest. Talk about the strength of his cabinet. Play up how we are all Stronger Together, including the president and his cabinet. It’s good messaging and has the benefit of being true.

That is admittedly a frightening clip.

1 Like

https://x.com/natesilver538/status/1807253649325695068?s=46

2 Likes

How is anyone’s policies supposed to poll well enough when the DNC won’t even allow a debate for them to be heard?

Pretty sure Buttigieg, Yang, RFK Jr, even Williamson had enough name recognition to get up on the debate stage