Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Ham sandwich too problematic for the base

Uh, the ham sandwich would win easily.

The problem is that the Dems cannot offer up anyone who doesn’t disgust reasonable people

1 Like

There are definitely people who think Biden is drawing dead so any replacement is a freeroll.

People act like Biden was forced upon us and dissent was squashed when what really happened was Biden won fairly in the primaries and no one was capable of offering an even half-way decent alternative since then.

4 Likes

It’s those damn vegans.

To those who think Biden stepping down or being replaced is a bad idea, do you have any first hand experience with friends or relatives with dementia? Have you seen it progress with someone you’re close to?

There’s a reason last night was a shock to many and causing buyers remorse. I’ve seen older relatives fake it, refuse to give up the car keys long past when they’re a danger to everyone around them. They find clever ways and routines to hide their own decline, and just how quickly the slide can accelerate. It’s not just getting a little slower, personalities change for the worse too. To many of us the signs were clear last night. I was never in the Biden is too old camp u til I saw him on TV obviously too old. He will only get older.

4 Likes

11 Likes

IMG_0754

1 Like

That’s absolutely wild. I was told this forum was not a buyer.

A shock? That would mean these people were not paying attention, despite saying the existence of the country was at stake.

What examples can you give that are clinical signs of dementia? Actual dementia, not pop culture definitions

voting

Not exactly a buyer but I was fine with his presidency as about as good as we can expect from someone who needs to have broad appeal to the American people. I was ok with an old guy when he seemed like a sharp enough old guy at the SOTU

And I don’t need clinical expertise to diagnose Trump a narcissist nor do I need it to call out what we saw last night

1 Like

Sounds good. You determined from one night that he has dementia, but cannot point to specific evidence. Just vibes. From one night, when you were certain from his most recent appearances that he was fine.

Have we considered that maybe Mossad spiked his water with something because Netanyahu was mad at Biden for moving too far to the left on Gaza?

1 Like
1 Like

possible explanations for his overall demeanor on debate night:

• lost a ton of sleep in the days leading up to the debate because his team kept drilling him with zingers and he was just exhausted from studying

• he had a cold and took too much cold medicine

• he was drugged by his enemies like a prizewinning racehorse in some mafia scheme

all of those are wayyyy better than “hey, i don’t debate like i used to, i admit it. i know i’m not young haha”

1 Like

Occam’s Razor suggests this. Or aliens.

Biden has it in his immediate power to end all concerns about his mental health. Agree to do 5 hour long interviews in the next three days with various media outlets.

If he won’t do that it’s because he is unable.

2 Likes

Alzheimer’s and dementia are two very different things. Although, probably not when it comes to functioning as POTUS

“i don’t think he even knows what he just said” is the best zinger since “you’re no jack kennedy”. i don’t want it to be true but it is. i rooted for our guy. i would have preferred “my dead son who got a brain tumor because of iraq wasn’t a sucker, YOU’RE a sucker!” to be the zinger of the night, but that’s not how it went down

7 Likes

Kool then

1 Like