Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

yep though i’ll bet it felt worse watching from say kyiv

Need a poll -

Did anybody’s 20s-30s kids text about how much they liked the alley cat zinger?

1 Like

Biden has to prepare to send the kitchen sink in aid to Ukraine before the end of his term no matter what happens in the election.

2 Likes

You really think Trump will debate him again? Why would he?

Accountants and pilots have mandatory retirement 20 years prior to Biden’s current age

Jon Stewart

1 Like

I can see why she wouldn’t want to waste her shot like Ronda did

But

There won’t be real elections anymore so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Depending on your definitions, they did turn out in 2020. About half of voters 18-29 voted in 2020 vs. just 39% in 2016. That voting block was also +24 for Biden.

I bet he enjoyed stomping the shit out of him and would love to do it again.

how

how

Biden has been cautious, maybe appropriately, but if Trump is coming in, maybe it’s time to do more. I’m not saying he can do magic, but at least make sure all funds allocated by Congress are actually used. Use (more of) Russia’s frozen assets. Remove restrictions on use of US weapons. Allow US military contractors to work in Ukraine. Allow non-Ukrainian pilots to fly F-16s. Possibly aid can be provided indirectly by supplying men/arms/money/loans to other NATO countries with a strong interest in helping Ukraine. He’s been reluctant to do more with sanctions because it might hurt economies but maybe say F-it now. Maybe Trump can reverse some of this but not right away.

ETA As I understand it, Biden could send any equipment he wants to Ukraine or other allies even if Congress hasn’t provided funds to replace it. I’m not saying it’s something likely to happen, but as an example, he could send several dozen F-16s to Ukraine or to Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, or Norway if he chose to.

1 Like

Gonna guess it’s way lower than that this year. In both metrics

2 Likes

Wow, that is poor debate performance

3 Likes

1 Like

When they say, “He’s gonna whip his dick out”.

And everyone is like, “C’mon, no way he whips his dick out, that’s just crazy talk.”

One minute into the debate: [Biden unzips pants]

Your outrageous satire is japanese reality

https://x.com/mrjeffu/status/1806463678247830011?t=Vcj6f80wnq4IYWAh1hbVAg&s=19

1 Like

Remember in October of 16 when a tape of Trump saying “grab em by the pussy” came out and everyone was like “yeah, he’s done” then he won the election less than a month later? I’m not sure overreacting to a bad debate in June is the right move here. There’s a lot of precedent for sitting presidents to shit the bed in the first debate. They’ve had the shit beat out of them on the job for 4 years.

Like yeah Biden is old as fuck and probably should’ve retired, but I’ve seen enough from him to think he can come back from this.

5 Likes

Thank you. Was beginning to think I was all alone with this POV.

3 Likes

I think it more of an excuse for people to say what they have all wanted to happen. This isn’t Obama stumbling against Romney.

2 Likes

I don’t care if he can show up and do a serviceable job at the next debate. He should not be running for President again. He is too old.

7 Likes