Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Yeah. I think they are lying.

They probably had some criteria for the debate on whether to ask for another one. I do however think they should have given it more thought.

I think she will win another debate. But reversion to the mean is not in her favour and “Trump recaptures momentum” after not shitting his pants in the next debate would be infuriating.

As zingers go, “I invite you to go to a Trump rally” was the best planned one they came in with. That was beautiful.

3 Likes

https://x.com/alexisohanian/status/1833699159721062660

1 Like

They’ve commited 1.7 trillion on the IRA and are out there internationally engaging on Paris and the ratchet mechanism.

Obama got Paris over the line

Sure. I want them to be better. But they’ve been okay.

Another 8 years of Dems keeps under 2 degrees in play.

1 Like

“OK, if the ABC moderators were all in on Harris’ side, then Trump should do what Biden did after his last debate on Fox.” or something like that idk.

If you didn’t click through on the t swift endorsement, you didn’t see that she signed it “Childless Cat Lady”.

5 Likes

Yeah. But if the media narrative is the moderators, the next ones will go out of their way tobe “fair” again.

Just keep him looking weak and whining and go out and do a bunch of press and attack ads.

TAYLOR SWIFT

2 Likes

22 Likes

There’s one way it’s a bad strategy. Which is if she’s actually ahead, tonight put her further ahead, and if Trump self-implodes further while desperately trying and failing to get a rematch. Give it a couple weeks and see what the polls say.

My wife’s asleep. She doesn’t follow this shit at all. I just texted her “Do you think we should be worried about the Hatians eating our pets?” She’s going to wake up in the morning and have no clue what I’m talking about and think I’ve lost my mind.

7 Likes

https://x.com/timodc/status/1833703484853465194?s=46

5 Likes

I think this is right. Trump’s campaign can’t handle defence. The more he’s back foot the better.

2 Likes

My 65 year old housemate says she never votes but is going to throw one behind Kamala this time. She couldn’t believe the shit Trump said in the debate, particularly the part about Harris "deciding ’ she is Black.

My other 62 year old housemate says he dgaf if every man votes for Trump, as long as every woman votes for Kamala he’ll get curb stomped.

So n=2 but the debate had a big impact on two of our elders.

18 Likes

I did read some reporting that he didn’t spend as much time preparing as previously.

I think he honestly believes she’s weak and stupid and unlikeable.

1 Like

Could you prep Trump with the level of attacks Kamala made and not be kicked off the campaign?

1 Like

https://x.com/mark_dow/status/1833677807194693905?s=46&t=hICOYYyCHuimCJQWftVfBQ

10 Likes

Little Marco trying to defend Trump

1 Like

My intuition is Kamala shouldn’t do another debate. The story right now is she won the debate, Trump lost. If there’s another debate, that narrative could get muddied.

She wins another debate, does it help her that much? Seems doubtful to me. Lots of potential downside, though.

10 Likes

It’s a ballsy, offensive-minded call, but I think unnecessary. However, Trump trying to heave up hail marys could be even worse for him.

It’s mainly a way to spike the ball with the narrative that she won the debate (which was pre-planned and unnecessary after this beatdown).