Polio Chapter 1: Everything old is new again, community spread in New York

d569656b-625e-4b7b-8b8a-a5e3346f8fca_text

It’s just going to burn through these kids.

Jfc. Count me on team viruses at this point. Something has to thin the heard of morons and the self selection bias is pretty strong here.

The problem is that it’s going to largely be innocent kids who had the misfortune of being born to idiot parents.

Idiot parents raise idiot kids? You are of course correct and my point is mostly facetious.

Maybe, maybe not. Plenty of non-idiot Unstuckers have idiotic parents and have posted about them.

We are playing the odds…

Conservatives on Twitter are very concerned about this and very sure the right people to blame are… immigrants.

1 Like

I worry about the lack of research (because it wasn’t possible) regarding the duration of vaccine induced immunity. At what point should we be offering boosters to adults? I don’t really want to end up paralyzed.

We’d be seeing a lot more polio if the vaccines had worn off. You can get an adult booster if you like.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering this as well.

Estimates on asymptomatic spread are anywhere from 70% to 99% of all cases being asymptomatic/subclinical.

I don’t think we’d necessarily know just based on number of cases. As of about three weeks ago, NJ wasn’t doing wastewater surveillance for polio. That was the first bordering state I checked.

My guess is there’s more polio going around than we realize right now.

Honestly it’s probably for the best if they’re blaming immigrants. Everybody knows that’s just bog standard grievance culture bullshit. But it’s going to get really awful if the most likely demographic for transmission is publicly confirmed.

As long as we classify immigrants as you or your ancestors arriving after say 1492.

1 Like

The real villains here are The Globalists, is that the issue?

I don’t think they’re going to bother with code words if it is. They’ll be blaming the entire ethnic group for the anti-vax practices of a minority extremist faction of a minority conservative branch.

1 Like