Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

I disliked him mostly because if it wasn’t for him my guy Mark Martin would likely have won some championships in those years. I definitely respected his talent.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1591835982085 FB_IMG_1591835976616

A much better statue.

11 Likes

Ban worthy post imo. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I was a Rusty Wallace stan back when I cared about it. It seemed like it was always Gordon or E and my guy and the rest were always also rans in those days.

My dad was a big Petty guy I’ve got an autographed picture of one of his cars from the 60s around here somewhere

1 Like

The Nazi flag is illegal in Germany so a lot of white power groups there use the Confederate flag instead.

2 Likes

Portsmouths VA Boom goes another statue :eyes:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jones_mattryan/status/1270883143483043840

Sounds like they beheaded three of them with a sledgehammer.

2 Likes

Toppling cannot be enough, right? Don’t the statues need to be damaged beyond repair as well??

Well that dude’s head is even more fucked up than it was in the 1860’s, which is really saying something. I don’t think they’re putting that back together.

2 Likes

Makes me love Jazz music even more :trumpet:

1 Like

Merriam-Webster is going to revise the definition of racism in its online dictionary to make it harder for racists to cut-and-paste their definition of racism in support of racist arguments.

2 Likes

Grunch:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jtylerconway/status/1270820259080142852

17 Likes

I don’t think that’s accurate.

Hopefully someone like @Sabo will correct me on labor law:

The cops in Chicago haven’t had a collective bargaining agreement for a number of years. This means the provisions of the previous contract are in effect until a new one is signed. Many of those provisions make it hard to rein cops in.

So there’s only two ways to get them to agree to a new contract with new safeguards: lock them out or offer them enough money to accept the safeguards. A lockout is unthinkable and the city is broke. I don’t know how to fix this.

I still have a ticket to RATM show in Oakland, which is now postponed to 2021. That’s a shame, because I’m not sure there will be a 2021.

7 Likes

No. No contract means the bosses can do whatever they like. Likewise, the workers can strike if they want.

Certain “essential” workers, like cops, firemen, nurses and railroad workers will usually have their rights to strike/etc restricted by various schemes of mandated arbitration y/o “cooling off” periods, if not outlawed completely. For cops this would be on a state-by-state basis. These schemes are all anti-worker.

As I mentioned before, the problems isn’t that cops have unions, and outlawing cop unions, besides being a human rights abuse, won’t solve any problems.

The problem is the current cop unions are yellow unions… they represent the interests of the cop bosses, not the rank-n-file cops. The reason cops aren’t held accountable is the cop bosses want it that way. Full stop. Not all cop shops are organized, not hardly. Federal cops can’t legally organize. MPs can’t legally organize. The same shit happens everywhere.

2 Likes

Speaking of which, I really wish it would pop by since the protests started.

Wizards of the Coast bans 7 cards from sanctioned play for racist depictions.

6 Likes

Abolir La Policía!

7 Likes

Sorry for being late to the conversation, but I thought “Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me!” was about wearing masks in Costco. Is that wrong?

11 Likes