Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

AK vs AQ or AJ is death in this tournament on a tv table

until that time

1 Like

“you are who you are, and I respect that” is the most backhanded compliment of all time

Fair enough.

(that one also bugs me because it’s basically saying “Fuck you, you’re wrong” in a nicey way)

Can’t wait for a bad beat to bust up the honeymoon.

Please make it stop

1 Like

Wait - where is it that people are supposed to be more genuine than California? I missed the beginning of that. Please tell me they’re not talking about Vegas.

I’m only half listening, most of the conversation has been super inane.

Man I think even I fold top two there on a 4-straight board, and I’m a station.

1 Like

Found this from the thread wheatrich posted. These 2 posts seems to sum it up.

3 Likes

Yikes,

Is this a spoiler?

Atlanta-area guys are #2 and #3 right now.

I get that there’s ICM considerations but you need what, 27% equity to call profitably there?

I don’t know the other guy, but some of my friends do.

weird seeing 20m guys last night bust now while some shorties forever keep hanging on

Probably because they’re playing 5 hands an hour so you can just fold for 10 hours straight and lose like 20bbs.

1 Like

At some point, the shot clock will become necessary. Hopefully the logistics of it can be figured out before that point.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a big problem that the one tournament a year that can garner a wider audience is the one that takes 5 minutes to play every hand

I could be insanely off on the economics/appeal of this but they should just rebrand the main event as the open championship and try to rebrand some highroller wsop event as the main event with whatever buyin that may rival/overtake the current main event top prize. Like I’m not watching anyway, but the top 25 every year being people I do not know with the exception of 1 or 2 dudes is just like, not compelling.

Like could they get 5k people for a 25k buyin, 2500 for a 50k buyin? Maybe the answer is lol no and then it is what it is.

The main had the biggest field ever this year. I don’t think you want to mess with that. The fun for casual players is being in the same tournament that also means the most to the top-level pros.

The main event is not primarily for viewers. The price will probably someday go up, but the appeal of the main event to the players (who pay the bills) is a massive field where everyone gets one life a year.

1 Like