Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Rigby not very stoic

Rigby very hangry

i really hope the 100 year old guy wins the 30 year worth of main event buy-in lottery. what a dumb promotion

Rigby is clearly very entertaining and very bad at poker. Make no mistake.

Being a good LAG is attacking weakness, having a range better than your opponent etc.

It’s not uh, playing all combos of 32o.

1 Like

He is “very bad” if is skill is measured by preflop hand selection.

Is he making terrible post flop calls?

He gambles with a small subset of his stack because he knows he can win way lot more often than his opponents regardless of hand strength.

None of you have near the dataset to call him “terrible” and in fact given the data we do have it’s much more accurate to say he is doing a good job exploiting his current circumstances. If you are playing the main event following gto you are an insane person. It’s the single most exploitative MTT of the year.

Huh? The loose means having a range better than your opponents?

I do find it odd Clovis thinks Helmuth is terrible but Rigby is skilled.

Playing a decent pre flop strategy is the first step to being skilled

That being said I’m rooting for Rigby, the anti stoic

1 Like

Sure if you don’t consciously know why you are playing a wide range preflop. He clearly does.

You would all have a good argument if he was calling loose pre then giving up when he missed or if we was chasing gunshots etc.

He is acting like a douche now so not loving him. Still think he is a decently skilled lag doing a good job exploiting his opponents fear.

Done arguing this though.

1 Like

yes, he makes terrible post flop calls. there are hundreds of rigby’s every year. you just noticed him cause he happened to run good twice.

3 Likes

When you’re displaying your aggression, yes.

You should be attacking the boards that hit your opponents range less, and by opening yours up, profiting by being able to bet wider and on different textures to what a tighter range can.

Ya I am pretty dumb and don’t really understand variance 🤷

If Chance, maybe the best player left a few hours ago had the AA and Rigby the AKs, the money is all going to Chance and we laugh how one of the dumbest fish ran up a stack again before losing it to one of the top pros.

Instead he was on the good end of the cooler and should go quite deep but everything is in play

1 Like

No, i’m very dumb because I don’t understand what a “good lag” is. We don’t have to do some passive aggressive stuff. Rigby is objectively bad. he lacks basic understanding of betting sizes (as you could have seen by his 4b pre vs Lewis just minutes ago).

Every good reg will look like a maniac at times. You should have seen some of the hands Leon Strum played. And at other times you play tighter cause tournament poker is situational.

2 Likes

Thought he was playing pretty well but several of the hands in the last hour were brutal. The JJ, the QT, taking forever with A7 on the river where most bluffs are ahead of him let alone value.

Ripping the AA vs Chance instead of 4betting was also super fishy even though it worked somehow.

I’d say he’s about as good as Persson or Airball.

I think the “good for poker” play is to root for Masato or the Indian female pro.

How dare you disparage the dirty diaper!

Next time you play at your local card room take a look at who the chipleader is after 3 levels. It usually won’t be one of the good players.

Assuming a field of 100 with 10 “great” players 10 other reasonable players and 80 gish of varying degrees.

There will be 30 or so of the mad crazy fish of which a couple will run pure and have 5x the start stack. That isn’t them being way better than the good ones, there is just many of them and a few run good over a short sample.

Same logic goes to the 1st round of majors in golf. One or two 500/1 shots will be near the too because there are 70 of them in the field and a few will nail some putts. That doesn’t make the specific 500/1 guy a better golfer than prime Scheffler or McIlroy or whoever.

1 Like

About 7 years ago a local 1/2 fish won the ~200 runner $1k.

He told me he lost $80k the year before at largely 1/2, some weekly $100 tournaments as well.

Speaking of main event runs, Michael Duek finished 3rd last year and is still in